Barton - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

It looks like Alan Archibald had used his knowledge of defence and decided to put Adam Barton, a model professional, at the heart of Thistle's defence. 

The guy oozes class and confidence which can only rub off on the rest of the team, especially the young defender in Liam Lindsay who plays beside him. 

Barton is the first player Thistle have paid a fee for (undisclosed) on a three year deal in many a day.  Our scouting network has been very good recently, although a few diddies have sneaked through. 

His style of play in defence is reminiscent of Scott Paterson - calm and composed on the ball. 

For all of Barton's fine traits, he's a no nonsense defender, too. If a pass isn't on and he's under pressure, the ball is launched. If in doubt, etc.

Have a watch of him in the Aberdeen game coming up. Will be the best player on the park. :)

On 10/29/2016 at 10:44 PM, Barney Rubble said:

3 games at the back - 7 points.

Adam Barton is the mutt's nuts.

He did get skint for St Johnstone's goal at the weekend and early in the first half v Ross County, but he'll learn from that. 

Never really fancied him in midfield but he has been outstanding in the middle of defence. 

Going to be a big game for us and him on Friday. Will see what he's really made of. 

Have sponsored him this season - would be nice to get the POTY jersey :)

I've been really impressed with Barton too.  I saw a Tweet from a Portsmouth fan not long after we signed him saying he's better in midfield.  I'd say the exact opposite though.  The team in general has looked more solid since we move to a back three, IMO, and Christie Elliott finally seems to have found a position which suits him (wing-back).

That said, I still be happier if we could find a talker to play back there, in the mould of Dan Seabourne.

Barton would have been Thistle's MOTM last night. Why on earth is the centre back scoring from a heidy. 

Another really good performance. 

Looked assured and bought lots of time to play a decent pass. 

As for Welsh... Two decent games and he thinks he's a footballer. Get Fraser fully fit and this guy on the bench. 

Edwards also had a nightmare but I think that was down to Aberdeen pressing him and his style of play. 

I hope Archie sticks with him as the is a really good player in there. He's relatively young too. 

One thing was obvious last night. We need Erskine starting. He created a lot when he came on. He's not here to fight relegation battles and we probably won't if we find the right place for him. 

Not the end if the world as we held our own for most of the match.  If we had the quality of finish that Aberdeen has, we'd run out healthy winners. 

On 10 November 2016 at 2:08 PM, PASTA Mick said:

Adam Barton dumped his bird (a girl I knew) the day after making his Preston debut.

He also dumped NI for RoI as soon as he got the chance. 

His career should have been better than it has been but I think he had a poor attitude to start with. 

Er, it happens - can't see that it reflects on his attitude as a footballer.