Malta Match Thread - Page 12 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Malta Match Thread

Clyde1998

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, irish said:

That's a huge number. I think we'd have managed 2000 max tbh.

So for Slovakia I assume 3000?

Something like that.  

TBF, the Malta game was always going to be popular due to guaranteed sun and it being reasonably cheap and accessible.   A lot of people - myself included - took the opportunity to have a week's late summer holiday.

3 hours ago, aaid said:

Something like that.  

TBF, the Malta game was always going to be popular due to guaranteed sun and it being reasonably cheap and accessible.   A lot of people - myself included - took the opportunity to have a week's late summer holiday.

Cheap and accessible ?

I must admit I only checked flights Fri-Mon but ended up not going.

Most were £300-400 which isn't worth it for 2 full days, actually there arriving around 10pm Fri and having to leave 6.30 or 7.30am on Monday.

If I could have made it a week long trip the flight prices and times are probably more reasonable . But for 2 days it was too much.

I've never been but I thought Malta itself was meant to be relatively expensive ?

16 hours ago, fringo said:

Most were £300-400 which isn't worth it for 2 full days, actually there arriving around 10pm Fri and having to leave 6.30 or 7.30am on Monday.

If I could have made it a week long trip the flight prices and times are probably more reasonable . But for 2 days it was too much.

I've never been but I thought Malta itself was meant to be relatively expensive ?

You might be thinking of Cyprus which was always expensive but for the Gibraltar away last year we just had a week's sun holiday which I assume most of your own fans did as well.

18 hours ago, fringo said:

We got a weeks all inclusive for under £400  .decent hotel as well

6 hours ago, irish said:

You might be thinking of Cyprus which was always expensive but for the Gibraltar away last year we just had a week's sun holiday which I assume most of your own fans did as well.

Your Gib game was in Malta ?

5 hours ago, noctonjock said:

We got a weeks all inclusive for under £400  .decent hotel as well

That's surprisingly good.Sounds like I was mistaken re general prices in Malta.

I think if I'd gone for a week the flights would have been much better but Fri-Mon from Edin was too much.

1 hour ago, fringo said:

I think if I'd gone for a week the flights would have been much better but Fri-Mon from Edin was too much.

It was flying from East Midlands mind 

On 10/6/2016 at 5:52 PM, fringo said:

Well Captain Pedantic, I'm saying Malta and Portugal are your usual week long sun package holiday destinations. 

2 hours ago, irish said:

Well Captain Pedantic, I'm saying Malta and Portugal are your usual week long sun package holiday destinations. 

:lol: Sorry. Wasn't trying to be pedantic (although I've been called that before).

I may have misread or misunderstood your post.