Next Poll - Page 16 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to see a narrow No lead being described as 'sensational', in all honesty.

I thought that about the TNS poll though. As amazing as a 16 point swing is, I was hoping for a yes lead. With only a week to go yes need to be streaking ahead.

Roden(t) from Daily Mail saying this will be like Black Wednesday for Yes with all the businesses coming out today for YES. So far BUPA , Standard Life (almost) and BP. Trying to think who will be next as all before have form in opposing YES. Reckon we will see BAE coming out, other than that any ones guess, and I dont think it will change many peoples minds.

What would be interesting if after Cameron citing the Spanish will veto our EU membership, if they actually publicly stated that.

Roden(t) from Daily Mail saying this will be like Black Wednesday for Yes with all the businesses coming out today for YES. So far BUPA , Standard Life (almost) and BP. Trying to think who will be next as all before have form in opposing YES. Reckon we will see BAE coming out, other than that any ones guess, and I dont think it will change many peoples minds.

What would be interesting if after Cameron citing the Spanish will veto our EU membership, if they actually publicly stated that.

Dave was chatting up some business folk the other day wasn't he?

Babcock, Weir Group?

Roden(t) from Daily Mail belittling the will be like Black Wednesday for Yes with all the businesses coming out today for YES. So far BUPA , Standard Life (almost) and BP. Trying to think who will be next as all before have form in opposing YES. Reckon we will see BAE coming out, other than that any ones guess, and I dont think it will change many peoples minds.

The politics of fear and suppression laid bare in a last desperate attempt to frighten people.

Does scotland an absolute disserviceby effectively threatening and belitteling people.

Disgusting.

IMO, we've got a few setbacks to stomach before next Thursday. Survation will only be the first of a few. Each setback should be a reminder we've still got lots of work to do.

A week is still a long time. Orange Order and Farage still to come and both will be a media circus as well, but carries a risk for both campaigns. Mon-Wed next week is where it really, really matters.

Any of the tweets from people who are likely to know, or just randoms like ourselves?

Find a small No lead hard to comprehend from the tweets written by Clegg and Survation. Its either a much increased No lead or a Yes lead of some description. Both would fit into the pattern. Survation had Yes on 47% (excl. UDs), so not much wriggle room for the sort of small No lead which youve obviously seen.

In all honesty, the more interesting polling will be done after the last couple of days media bombardment. No change here wouldnt be much of a surprise (if it wasnt for the suspense generated by the Record and Survation themselves), but Id be more interested to see the polling after the 3 amigos and Browns masterplan....

Anything that shows a big No lead now is likely to have no credibility. Anyone with half a brain can see there's been a Yes surge, and any poll showing the opposite is almost certainly wrong. Some of the tweets playing up the poll may be either seeking to boost publicity for the Record (or Survation) or setting high expectations for Yes (ahead of a morale sapping let down). There doesn't appear to be as much traction this afternoon so Im not expecting it to be that exciting., probably a 1 point lead for No or another returning 50:50.

I dont think I'd be too keen on a Yes lead. If pollsters all start returning Yes, the current media bombardment could mean they all show a regression in Yes support early next week just when we need to be keeping momentum. With a couple of pollsters still showing a No lead, their next polls could give a boost next week when we want them.

A part of me wants to see Yes hit 60% though just so I can see what an apocalypse looks like.