Official Crapping Pants Thread.... - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Official Crapping Pants Thread....

It's the currency markets that worry me - pound has really strengthened in the last 36 hours or so (now around 1.27 to the €). That strength doesn't come from uncertainty and I doubt Osbourne's told them a currency union is a goer.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the currency markets that worry me - pound has really strengthened in the last 36 hours or so (now around 1.27 to the ). That strength doesn't come from uncertainty and I doubt Osbourne's told them a currency union is a goer.

Maybe he has? Think about it. 'Mr President, don't worry, we'll win. But even if we don't, currency union's first on the agenda tomorrow'.

Maybe he has? Think about it. 'Mr President, don't worry, we'll win. But even if we don't, currency union's first on the agenda tomorrow'.

The currency markets just look at the polls. Watch Sterling tank tommorow when YEs comes in.

Here's hoping, cheers.

Edited by granty

The currency markets just look at the polls. Watch Sterling tank tommorow when YEs comes in.

CurrenciesDirect predicting 5% in their daily email this morning...

"A Yes vote could see Sterling fall by around 5 per cent or more as the market digests the sheer uncertainty of an independent Scotland."

5% might not sound like much but it's fuqqing huge. Will that be the biggest one day fall in the pounds history?

CurrenciesDirect predicting 5% in their daily email this morning...

"A Yes vote could see Sterling fall by around 5 per cent or more as the market digests the sheer uncertainty of an independent Scotland."

5% might not sound like much but it's fuqqing huge. Will that be the biggest one day fall in the pounds history?

The pound is over-valued at this moment, certainly against the Euro.

A wee dip will do nobody any harm.

It's the currency markets that worry me - pound has really strengthened in the last 36 hours or so (now around 1.27 to the ). That strength doesn't come from uncertainty and I doubt Osbourne's told them a currency union is a goer.

Doubt there's much trading going g on today at all, so small trades have big impacts.

• 1 year later...

Like a neutral Scunny?

Well let's sit back as neutrals and observe* the content of your posts.

For what it's worth, the content of this post struck me as legit ...

Felt dizzy when crossing the box, it was absolutely huge. A moment I'll remember for the rest of my life, my wee girl sitting on the shelf in the polling booth smiling at me, and me crossing Yes for her and her sister.

Came home and had a wee quiet greet to myself.

Edit: Oops; this was meant to be in another thread ... :blush:

Edited by DonnyTJS

:(

I was just as critical as the SNP back then... Maybe not as cheeky about it as they were comrades at the time. :lol:

It was as honest a post as you'll find anywhere on this board (and to be applauded) just wish Donny hadn't clicked on the post icon (the evil ba$tard) :lol: