This Board Needs Tunes - Page 759 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

Just going to go with the obvious link 😄

My favourite Elvis song. Would be a great Independence campaign number, belted out at every opportunity with YES in big lights..."and there in the daaark, is a beckoning candle yeah!" I'm getting all emotional just thinking about it...😋

8 hours ago, StirlingEgg said:

Just going to go with the obvious link 😄

My favourite Elvis song. Would be a great Independence campaign number, belted out at every opportunity with YES in big lights..."and there in the daaark, is a beckoning candle yeah!" I'm getting all emotional just thinking about it...😋

Let me just first say S'Eggy that I am enjoying your additions to the thred.

But, I have personal experience that not everyone is going to appreciate one's songs the same as we do...

Only today Mrs Grimm berated one of my favourites (maybe one for my own humanist funeral playlist ffs) with "wtf is that shite".

Now.   If I go first, how do I stop her getting to pick the songs for my funeral? 😆

2 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

But, I have personal experience that not everyone is going to appreciate one's songs the same as we do...

Only today Mrs Grimm berated one of my favourites (maybe one for my own humanist funeral playlist ffs) with "wtf is that shite".

Now.   If I go first, how do I stop her getting to pick the songs for my funeral? 😆

Ta Grim Jim 😀

Funnily enough, I did ponder suggesting one's funeral choices as a theme but then thought it a bit wallowy/self indulgent. Could also taint the song a bit 🤔

Was going to suggest putting instructions in your will re nae hymns/hats etc but not sure when they look at the thing. 

I heard that Peter Sellers had Glenn Miller's In the Mood played when they lowered his coffin. Quite funny when you imagine it 😄

18 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

I've already picked mine.....