This Board Needs Tunes - Page 750 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

OK so things a bit quiet around here. With people dropping in and out occasionally, I had an idea for a way of theming that doesn't require deciding a single theme. Simply, you choose one aspect or thing about the previous post, and match that. So it could be the song, it could be the band, or it could be a 'theme' or any other aspect (I suggest stating what the theme or aspect is, unless it's obvious, like the band or track title). The next person can continue with the last aspect, or match with a different aspect. It could be an experiment during the festive period and not require too much thinking 😉.

2 hours ago, silverbear said:

Nice one Exile. I was thinking the same thing myself or similar at least.

I mentioned to Moray about starting "a conversation" where it led on & continued.

Anyway....

Big Wheel & Others - There Can Be Only One

…and here it is… ‘Lucky Penny’

7 hours ago, silverbear said:

Nice one Exile. I was thinking the same thing myself or similar at least.

I mentioned to Moray about starting "a conversation" where it led on & continued.

Anyway....

Big Wheel & Others - There Can Be Only One

OK!

On 12/26/2023 at 5:40 PM, exile said:

OK so things a bit quiet around here. With people dropping in and out occasionally, I had an idea for a way of theming that doesn't require deciding a single theme. Simply, you choose one aspect or thing about the previous post, and match that. So it could be the song, it could be the band, or it could be a 'theme' or any other aspect (I suggest stating what the theme or aspect is, unless it's obvious, like the band or track title). The next person can continue with the last aspect, or match with a different aspect. It could be an experiment during the festive period and not require too much thinking 😉.

Like 'The Chain'? It's been going a while now so probably can't catch 'em up...good idea as less taxing for this time of year! 

8 hours ago, Heuch Moray said:

…and here it is… ‘Lucky Penny’

Went to see this guy in King Tut's a while back and it was when the Queen st tunnel was closed so got the bus through. He came on well after 10 so didn't see much as had to hotfoot it back to Buchanan st for the bus home 🙄 Thankfully got another chance when he played next time at St Lukes. Felt very uncool wearing my fleece 😄

Got one eye watching A Bronx Tale so no song to add yet...

On 12/26/2023 at 5:44 PM, exile said:

girls (differences)

Sad as the little girl playing Wednesday Addams was Lisa Loring

She is just one of the many celebrities that passed away in 2023

She was 64 when she died in January

Strangely as she got older she looked more and more like Carolyn Jones who played Morticia - also in the clip

Edited by Ally Bongo

I typed "love" into my tunes search and got more than a few returns.

I've picked this one, but as I type I'm hearing Michael Parkinson reading out this intro (though no internet then).