This Board Needs Tunes - Page 343 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

5 minutes ago, silverbear said:

Oy! I'm awake. I've just spent the last hour trying to photo, copy & paste a book I was bought last week in response to Grim Jim's comment about me being 6 at the time.

The Incredible Story of the Weeley Festival 1971. It started off in a village of less than 1,000 locals as a concert for 5,000 & ended up with 150,000 people.

I still think it was one of the best festivals I ever went to. Took 2 days to hitch down there & spent the first night in a caravan on the back of a lorry we got a lift with. Tickets were £2. 😊

Your not going to post that 'book' on here are you?   1971 hippy festival will get this place shut down you know!

7 minutes ago, silverbear said:

Oy! I'm awake. I've just spent the last hour trying to photo, copy & paste a book I was bought last week in response to Grim Jim's comment about me being 6 at the time.

The Incredible Story of the Weeley Festival 1971. It started off in a village of less than 1,000 locals as a concert for 5,000 & ended up with 150,000 people.

I still think it was one of the best festivals I ever went to. Took 2 days to hitch down there & spent the first night in a caravan on the back of a lorry we got a lift with. Tickets were £2. 😊

😂 Even I wasn't 6 when Weeley happened. Until tomorrow...meanwhile..

4 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

Your not going to post that 'book' on here are you?   1971 hippy festival will get this place shut down you know!

No you're ok. I gave up after the 50th attempt. Great festival & a good read though. The Great British Woodstock by Ray Clark. ☝️