Hampden pitch - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

How much would it cost to hire Murrayfield?

It holds 15,000 more than hampden, so even at a modest £20 average ticket price, you could pay the SRU £300k per game and be no worse off (although it is money that could be kept in football by using parkhead or ibrox).

One of the few negatives would be the need in Scottish football to appease both sides of the old firm, so games would no doubt have to be divvied up evenly between the 2 if parkhead and ibrox were to be used.

Really not that difficult though is it. In fact you solved it in the time it took you to type this post. :)Agree with everything you say BTW and like other posters I would flatten it completely. 

Whilst we are throwing daft ideas about here is mine.  I posted a while ago that I thought we, as a country, would benefit from a 30k stadium somewhere that was a bit more central in terms of our football clubs/fans. 

I realise it's contentious but Dundee would be ideal imo. Possible ground share with Dundee and Utd to help with running costs and it would then be available for semi's and final's as well as international games. Anything that required a bigger ground, you have Ibrox and CP. 

As I say I know this would be a tricky one but its fair to say both grounds in Dundee could be doing with an upgrade. Just not sure you could get either set of fans on board? 

I think in hindsight the 2 Dundee clubs should've done that 15 years ago.

(sold up and moved into a new shared stadium)

not sure it's an option anymore in the current economic climate?

Not sure their fans would agree either?

9 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I think in hindsight the 2 Dundee clubs should've done that 15 years ago.

(sold up and moved into a new shared stadium)

not sure it's an option anymore in the current economic climate?

Not sure their fans would agree either?

I think for it to happen they would need considerable help from the authorities, and that, in itself would bring it's own problems. Why should they be subsidised for a new Stadium for example? 

I suspect there is too much self interest for something like this to take off and, as you say, getting both clubs involved would also be difficult.  

4 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

I think for it to happen they would need considerable help from the authorities, and that, in itself would bring it's own problems. Why should they be subsidised for a new Stadium for example?  

Doesn't seem to be an issue in East London where the taxpayer gets shafted for £millions....

Heard a discussion on the pitch on Sportsound yesterday. Tom English saying the cost of re-laying the pitch is £200k versus £1.2m to install a hybrid pitch like Murrayfield. Given the cost and quality of the continually changing Hampden pitch it's maybe worth considering going down the SRU's route?...

37 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Heard a discussion on the pitch on Sportsound yesterday. Tom English saying the cost of re-laying the pitch is £200k versus £1.2m to install a hybrid pitch like Murrayfield. Given the cost and quality of the continually changing Hampden pitch it's maybe worth considering going down the SRU's route?...

The cost of this most recent relaying is being met by the supplier.