Batman v Superman - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Batman v Superman

I went to see Batman v Superman today. It was pretty pish.  Eisenberg was awful as Lex Luthor. The CGI was bloody awful with lots of poorly shot green screen efforts and they could easily have cut out 30 minutes of irrelevant dream sequences.

On a positive note, Affleck was good as Batman, but the real star was Gadot as Wonder Woman. It's a pity that she doesn't get much screen time but I guess they are holding out for her standalone film next year.

If you're looking for a decent film to go and see, I'd recommend Zootopia ahead of Batman v Superman.

8 hours ago, ibelieve!!! said:

I think it wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't for the fact it was so long! It was all just drawn out far too much.

And what the hell was with Batmans costume? Was more like robocop!

The costume basically comes from the excellent Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller. Batman vs Superman steals bits from the that book (Batman fighting Superman, Superman getting caught in a Nuclear Explosion, Older more jaded Bruce Wayne, Robin costume defaced by the Joker). 

I didn't believe the reasons why they were fighting, very poorly done. Henry Cavil as Superman is sneery, humourless man child. Only redeeming parts of the movie were Alfred and Wonder Women, I can't wait for a standalone Wonder Women film.

Have not seen it yet, but hear the reviews are very bad, though Affleck does seem to be coming in for some praise for his role (which is refreshing after the slaughtering he got when he was announced as Wayne/Batman).