The ?! - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

7 minutes ago, phart said:

"I think that's the answer.

We could tell concerned parent's that we don't give a and it's much more important that the adult members of the board can type "fück" and "cûnt" and stuff like that. "

Are the concerned parents an invention?

Eh?

Edited to say, that was really rhetorical. I don't really care what you were on about.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You go on about a swear filter and being responsible for children, then go on about arsepieces etc.

I know you're unaware you're doing it. It seems you've found yourself with a position of responsibility, eliminating hypocrisy will make you better at your job.

You might not care but those concerned parents you invoke to justify the swear filter might not like you saying one thing and doing another.

4 minutes ago, phart said:

You go on about a swear filter and being responsible for children, then go on about arsepieces etc.

I know you're unaware you're doing it. It seems you've found yourself with a position of responsibility, eliminating hypocrisy will make you better at your job.

You might not care but those concerned parents you invoke to justify the swear filter might not like you saying one thing and doing another.

Wasn't that interesting. Your views will also be taken into our deliberations.

3 minutes ago, Admin4 said:

Wasn't that interesting. Your views will also be taken into our deliberations.

None of the above was my view, they're a recounting of actions and a guess at the views of these concerned parents you mentioned.

My view is i'll just type stuff out and let the board format it and leave it at that. I noticed someone writing badger earlier, the must have actually typed out badger as opposed to the word that was previously changed.

6 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Did Flure sell the TAMB off to a bunch of utter cyber-khunts after the No vote?

Is that why he has sloped off and things have gone to shit?

I think he's enjoying his winnings after stating 60% will vote Yes.

None of the above was my view, they're a recounting of actions and a guess at the views of these concerned parents you mentioned.

My view is i'll just type stuff out and let the board format it and leave it at that. I noticed someone writing badger earlier, the must have actually typed out badger as opposed to the word that was previously changed.

Thank you. We will ignore the stuff that we thought were your views that weren't and will include the stuff that you have clarified as your views if ever we get around to deliberations.

3 minutes ago, Admin4 said:

Thank you. We will ignore the stuff that we thought were your views that weren't and will include the stuff that you have clarified as your views if ever we get around to deliberations.

All i can ask, cheers!

5 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Sorry just a couple of poll suggestions. Yes / No?

I thought your original suggestion that included half a dozen options was quite good.

If you're still OK with that, I'll try to figure out how to do that on this shit new board ( ©somepeople)

I think he's enjoying his winnings after stating 60% will vote Yes.

Aye well it was very strange that for the 3 years immediately before the biggest political event in Scotland's history that a business person owning this site would play it so badly.

SFA like...

Everyone believes what they want to hear.

EDIT: I almost lost money on a bet, some no guy was saying it would be less than 45% and i took them up on the bet to shut them up, no one won as 45% was the neutral number.

Edited by phart

23 minutes ago, phart said:

Everyone believes what they want to hear.

EDIT: I almost lost money on a bet, some no guy was saying it would be less than 45% and i took them up on the bet to shut them up, no one won as 45% was the neutral number.

Well... You could argue that he won.

I was also convinced Yes was going to win, albeit 55% was where my thoughts were. I think Flure suffered from the same as me, folk on the doors telling us what we wanted to hear.

• Admin4 featured and unfeatured this topic
11 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

Well... You could argue that he won.

I was also convinced Yes was going to win, albeit 55% was where my thoughts were. I think Flure suffered from the same as me, folk on the doors telling us what we wanted to hear.

Nah it was whole numbers rounded up, you should know i'd have everything anticipated ;)

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

How about a poll.

Is the board better, the same or worse than before the last update?

1. Much Better

2. Better

3. The Same

4. Worse

5. Much Worse

6. Arse Gravy

(And just in case...no, the above is not a yes no question.)

(Almost) as requested

4 hours ago, thplinth said:

The little pop window in top left asking to allow notifications is new and just great. Just when I thought I could not hate the new site more you have found a way to get me there. Every page you click there it is...

I thought folk were joking about visiting the site less. It is hideous. Everything about it. Everything!

If you click on the bell at the top of the page (notifications). Click "notification settings". That opens the notifications page. You can scroll down and set up what notifications you want or don't want.

8 hours ago, Orraloon said:

If you click on the bell at the top of the page (notifications). Click "notification settings". That opens the notifications page. You can scroll down and set up what notifications you want or don't want.

I had all that shit turned off days ago. The new dialogue box that appears ON EVERY FUKKING PAGE I CLICK is asking me to turn that shit on. And I have to say no ON EVERY FUKKING PAGE I CLICK as it does not seem to remember or it set for just that page.. who cares it is arse gravy. 

So I cancel notifications only to get one ON EVERY FUKKING PAGE I CLICK (I may have mentioned that before). Insanity. I am off to vote then to fukk with it.

Oh just noticed - no post preview - more reasons to hate this incarnation.

11 hours ago, thplinth said:

It was going to be a win. We were cheated.

I love a conspiracy as much as the next Scotty...  But that's one that's just not plausible to me.  It would take an unprecedented number of folk in on it, not to mention they had much respected and hard khunts like me and Cove Sheep at counts.

For a few days running into the vote you could have been forgiven for thinking they were desperate for a Yes vote, the amount of ####ups from No just didn't seem natural, they went straight into 'Thick of it' mode...  Culminating with their Saltire waving at Downing Street, every News outlet goes to Downing Street for the raising of the Saltire, only to be told while broadcasting live that the event is delayed as they couldn't find a Saltire, then the van carrying the Saltire got stuck in traffic, then when they were raising the flag they DROPPED it!!!  It was hilarious!

1 hour ago, Scunnered said:

I love a conspiracy as much as the next Scotty...  But that's one that's just not plausible to me.  It would take an unprecedented number of folk in on it, not to mention they had much respected and hard khunts like me and Cove Sheep at counts.

The vow alone was enough to make it a cheated result. And that is before you get into all the other shit like the state broadcaster openly campaigning for a NO and echoing all the bullshit scare stories manufactured by the No campaign. Postal votes were a disgrace as well.

We had so much against us and we were going to win, it was on the cards and that is why they all shat themselves in public. I wish that poll showing the lead had not came out when it did. It was too soon and gave them too long to pull out all the cheat cards. The explosion of bum fluid after that poll was extraordinary. It tipped them off to their impending loss. The Queen getting one of her stooges to ask a fake question...FFS it was endless.

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

I had all that shit turned off days ago. The new dialogue box that appears ON EVERY FUKKING PAGE I CLICK is asking me to turn that shit on. And I have to say no ON EVERY FUKKING PAGE I CLICK as it does not seem to remember or it set for just that page.. who cares it is arse gravy. 

So I cancel notifications only to get one ON EVERY FUKKING PAGE I CLICK (I may have mentioned that before). Insanity. I am off to vote then to fukk with it.

Oh just noticed - no post preview - more reasons to hate this incarnation.

Ah, OK, I didn't realise this was a different issue. I thought it was the same one you were moaning about before. Sorry, my mistake. I should have read your post better. Can't help with this one as I don't know what it is. Never happens with me.

Maybe they have just added that feature especially for you? I can see how that might be quite amusing. :lol:

15 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Maybe they have just added that feature especially for you? I can see how that might be quite amusing. :lol:

Waaaay ahead of you pal. The really annoying shit I am keeping to myself.

Oh look it is asking me if I want to turn on notifications again...