Thank You S.n.p. - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Irrespective of the result I could not have asked for more.

When you consider that every paper, tv station and news outlet is hostile and has been forever that every political party has aligned and is fighting as one unit against us and that an endless campaign of dirty tricks and smears has been waged with the full cooperation of the state broadcaster, when you consider all that it is a miracle we are even having this vote never mind being 'on the shoulder going round the final bend'.

Win or lose this has been the most incredible achievement in politics I have ever seen.

It is the only vote I have ever cared about my whole life and it will be the biggest political event in my life, all our lifetimes.

We are on the verge of a political miracle.

Irrespective of the result I could not have asked for more.
When you consider that every paper, tv station and news outlet is hostile and has been forever that every political party has aligned and is fighting as one unit against us and that an endless campaign of dirty tricks and smears has been waged with the full cooperation of the state broadcaster, when you consider all that it is a miracle we are even having this vote never mind being 'on the shoulder going round the final bend'.
Win or lose this has been the most incredible achievement in politics I have ever seen.
It is the only vote I have ever cared about my whole life and it will be the biggest political event in my life, all our lifetimes.
We are on the verge of a political miracle.
Top Post :ok:

I also think special mentions should go to Patrick Harvey (and the Greens generally), Jim Sillars, Lesley Riddoch (who has been amazing), Tommy Sheridan, the Sunday Herald, WoS, Martin Compston, Hardeep Singh Kohli, WFI, Ruth Wishart, Margo, the Spirit of Independence, Stewart Bremner, Iain MacWhirter...

The list could go on and on and on.

Feel free to add them. :ok:

The men and women on the street engaging with people and getting people engaged. The housewife looking after the kids at home who, when her pal comes round for a brew and says she doesn't know enough, sticks a copy of the Wee Blue Book in front of her and patiently explains it. The guy in his office who's workmates are worried about their jobs, and who gently works away at them in the tea bar. The kids who have thrown themselves wholeheartedly into politics for the first time and work on their parents and grandparents. The Facebook and Twitter warriors who never give up, who eloquently break down complicated issues for others to understand and share.

Yes, the SNP, Alex and Nicola and all those working tirelessly behind the scenes to make sure this happens.

And us, the people of Scotland. The ordinary men and women who's houses and cars and gardens are festooned with Yes images.

We're nearly there, our hour has come and Scotland's about to see the biggest party in it's history.

Edited by redstevie007

The men and women on the street engaging with people and getting people engaged. The housewife looking after the kids at home who, when her pal comes round for a brew and says she doesn't know enough, sticks a copy of the Wee Blue Book in front of her and patiently explains it. The guy in his office who's workmates are worried about their jobs, and who gently works away at them in the tea bar. The kids who have thrown themselves wholeheartedly into politics for the first time and work on their parents and grandparents. The Facebook and Twitter warriors who never give up, who eloquently break down complicated issues for others to understand and share.

Yes, the SNP, Alex and Nicola and all those working tirelessly behind the scenes to make sure this happens.

And us, the people of Scotland. The ordinary men and women who's houses and cars and gardens are festooned with Yes images.

We're nearly there, our hour has come and Scotland's about to see the biggest party in it's history.

Where is that like button?! Agree wholeheartedly.

Edited by Baron Obtuse

The big guns like Eck, Nicola and Patrick well supported by likes of Alan Bisset, Lesley Riddoch, Tommy Sheridan, Jim Sillars, Elaine C Smith plus many many others.

My personal call outs would be for the two from Business for Scotland.

Ivan McKee who'se economic presos on You Tube must not only have swayed interested web browsers, but informed the footsoldiers on technical stuff. The passion shown by Michelle Thomson, on how the referendum related to her life as a young woman and what she should expect v what she could expect was inspirational.

But the real thanks is to each and every one of you of spoke well of the Yes campaign, helped in canvassing, donated to the cause, manned a desk, handed out a leafet, tried to persuade a no/undecided, and ultimately put the X in the right box.

I am so proud of you and wish I could have been more of a part of this incredible journey, even from the sidelines it has been exillerating to follow.