Some Old Photos Of Shawlands In The 1930S - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Some Old Photos Of Shawlands In The 1930S

Boooo, was looking forward to seeing some old photies.

Mind struggling down the close stairs with my uncle dumping a minging old cooker in Tantallon Road. Within half an hour the pikeys were off with it!

When I stayed in Ibrox I put a French dresser (nae sniggering up the back) out the back at 11pm and when I got up at 6am it was gone.Marvellous service from the Glasgow cleansing department.

Not ideal news when I'm still trying to flog my flat... If anyone's got a spare £110k, gies a shout.

What daft tosser would buy a property but not check the back court, "because it was too dark"?

I personally blame GCC who often don't empty the bins, claiming a lack of access, and factors who are all, without exception, c^nts.

Not ideal news when I'm still trying to flog my flat... If anyone's got a spare £110k, gies a shout.

What daft tosser would buy a property but not check the back court, "because it was too dark"?

I personally blame GCC who often don't empty the bins, claiming a lack of access, and factors who are all, without exception, c^nts.

Me - never occured to me! Luckily the back green is well kept - the six of us (owners) pay for a landscape gardener to keep it neat and tidy.

Are glasgow bin men still expected to go through to the back close of tenements to collect the rubbish?

Aye.

Edited by Charlie Endell

I walk past that stretch of Dumbarton Rd on the second link just about every day and definitely did on the 12th of January on my way home from work. If that mattress and crap was there ont he 12th it was only for a matter of hours.

When I stayed in Ibrox I put a French dresser (nae sniggering up the back) out the back at 11pm and when I got up at 6am it was gone.Marvellous service from the Glasgow cleansing department.

When I stayed in Thornwood about 5 years ago I put an old telly down on the street. It was in perfect working order so I stuck a sign on it saying so and to feel free to take it. Realised I'd left the remote control in the flat so nipped upstairs to get it and by the time I'd got back down the telly was away! Could only have been about 90 seconds!!

I walk past that stretch of Dumbarton Rd on the second link just about every day and definitely did on the 12th of January on my way home from work. If that mattress and crap was there ont he 12th it was only for a matter of hours.

When I stayed in Thornwood about 5 years ago I put an old telly down on the street. It was in perfect working order so I stuck a sign on it saying so and to feel free to take it. Realised I'd left the remote control in the flat so nipped upstairs to get it and by the time I'd got back down the telly was away! Could only have been about 90 seconds!!

I put an antique (for want of a better word) sewing maching (well, the metal framework that supported it - it had been left by the previous owners) outside for the cooncil to collect - as I was leaving it a white van appeared and a Polish guy asked if I had any objection to him taking it (which I didn't).

Me - never occured to me! Luckily the back green is well kept - the six of us (owners) pay for a landscape gardener to keep it neat and tidy.

Aye.

And some folk seem to think that the bin men should tidy up that mess for them. Probably a mixture of ignorance and sheer laziness. The council should put letters through these folks doors telling them to get it tidied and put into bin bags by a certain date. If they don't, then the council will find a contractor do it for them and charge them £1000.