Prague Is A Great City But Stay Safe - Czech Republic v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Prague Is A Great City But Stay Safe

Robroysboy

I loved Prague the last time. Everywhere we went outside the city centre like wee newsagents etc to buy tram tickets everyone kept bowing down to us.

One thing I do remember is the weird way the beggars would sit in a sort of doggy style position

Was there not an old czech jackie dressed up in a uniform. Ex army or police. That befriended the TA. Grey beard.

Edited by Robroysboy

Was there not an old czech jackie dressed up in a uniform. Ex army or police. That befriended the TA. Grey beard.

Something rings a bell from a thread on here.

The Hari Krishnas were giving it laldy and handing eggs out to everyone then they were followed on their route by loads of Scotland fans

On matchday there was a police message read out in the square but they got a Scottish guy to read it out. It he just started singing the red, red robin song

When we were walking to the metro there was the usual songs being sung then a woman walked past with a pram and everyone she passed stopped singing and went shoooooooosh!!

If this trip is half as good as the last time it'll be amazing

Can't wait

Was he a the boy in the main square?

He was there when my brother got married in Prague 6 years ago, he was directing traffic and then tried to take charge of the photos outside the church until we told him to off

Was he a the boy in the main square?

He was there when my brother got married in Prague 6 years ago, he was directing traffic and then tried to take charge of the photos outside the church until we told him to ###### off

Sounds like him.

Ally, happy new year!

I know it was club football but did hearts fans not get attacked in prague ? was a few years back.

Sounds like him.

Ally, happy new year!

I know it was club football but did hearts fans not get attacked in prague ? was a few years back.

Happy new year to you as well Brian.

I wasn't in Prague that time but I certainly didn't hear of anything.

Only time we have really had a bit of bother was at Feyenoord

Sounds like him.

Ally, happy new year!

Naw a wiz there Brian didnae see any bother apart fae the pish game,night before we were in Nurembourg and nearly had a scuffle wae some american soadjurs but when they found out we were Hearts fans and no smelly hibbys it awe cooled aff :guitar::guitar:

lord pishy pants claimed he was "jostled" in a pub

Think it was a hearts European tie against one of the prague sides. Could have been sparta prague. Remember reading that a pub full of hearts fans was attacked.

Europe league / champions league club football tends to attract more fan rivalry. Not anticipating any trouble in march.

Think it was a hearts European tie against one of the prague sides. Could have been sparta prague. Remember reading that a pub full of hearts fans was attacked.

Europe league / champions league club football tends to attract more fan rivalry. Not anticipating any trouble in march.

Did any flags get stolen last time or is that just a Polish thing?

The Nigerians and the Romanian women who roam the main street are the ones to watch.They are very good at emptying your sporran without you knowing.Sometimes on ebay you can pick up good deels for short breaks in prague.The last time me and my mate got 4 nights in a good hotel for £77 for both of us.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-Tage-Stadtereise-Hotel-Jurys-Inn-Prague-4-Kultur-Kurzurlaub-Zentrum-Prag-/311454229845?hash=item48841e6555:g:sEcAAOSwuTxWCPw4

Edited by peever1745