Alex Salmond To Host A Weekly Show On Lbc - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Alex Salmond To Host A Weekly Show On Lbc

I'd suggest my local MP Martyn Day who worked tirelessly as local councillor before being elected as an MP is genuinely in politics to make things better for other and not for self-aggrandisement.

I'd suggest that there are plenty who join to genuinely make a difference to civilian life but they all have some sort of ego. You need to it to face the rigours of constant questioning every 5 minutes.

That's nonsense the average MP comes under little scrutiny unless the make an arse of something and they do get media training to help them.

Of course they get training to help. Script writers and so on. But to suggest they don't get rigourous questioning throughout their career compared to an average Joe is nonsense.

Nothing wrong with Eck winding up the metropolitan elite, opening up a new front, great chance to attack both Tories and Labour.

Salmond winds Unionists up simply by being alive. He doesn't have to say anything.

I don't see any benefit here for the SNP. Nothing, nothing...nothing...that he says is going to be reported in a positive manner.

Eck loves nothing more than a bit of controversy, and you suspect that why the radio station has given him a gig. It's only a matter of time before he says something daft.

What the hell is LBC? London broadcasting Corp.? Was aware of it, but thought it was something London cabbies listen to.

Can't see how this can benefit Scotland, his party only cause more issues with hip shooting.

Good ego is getting the better of him. I might have to write him a letter as a constituent and ask him what he's giving up to make this time instead of doing what I voted him in to do.

Clearly being an MP & MSP are part time jobs

Agree with this - he should stick to being an MP, what the taxpayers are paying him for.

Salmond was leader for umpteen years and I don't recall any gaffes. He is disliked not for what he says it seems but how he says it. Plenty MPs with second jobs.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-31619780

We all complain the media is biased yet here we are wanting him to shut up because the media are biased. That is not his fault. And surely it is just as true for Nicola who so far has been given a easy ride. We'll see how she copes when things start getting more serious again.

them. Gaun yerself Alex.

Salmond was leader for umpteen years and I don't recall any gaffes. He is disliked not for what he says it seems but how he says it. Plenty MPs with second jobs.

We all complain the media is biased yet here we are wanting him to shut up because the media are biased. That is not his fault. And surely it is just as true for Nicola who so far has been given a easy ride. We'll see how she copes when things start getting more serious again.

###### them. Gaun yerself Alex.

:ok:

###### them. Gaun yerself Alex.

Spot on.

Not my point though - I think it would be better if he spent his time representing his constituency. If he was my MP it would annoy me.

What better way to gain publicity for your constituency than by putting it on a national stage?