Ac/dc 2016 European Dates - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ac/dc 2016 European Dates

No Scottish dates this time. Probably a blessing, given how garbage Hampden is, as a music venue. Two dates in England. Apologies, on a work computer, so can't cut and paste but all details here: www.acdc.com/news

I'm trying for Manchester. Can get a hotel for £28 the night of the gig. (£35 if you want the refundable option in case you don'

t get a ticket)

Speculation is that they will headline Glastonbury at the end of June.

Cheers for the heads up :ok:

if you applying for Tix Mr Poke, keep me in the loop.

never seen mr Young.. would love too.

I must have been too old when he first came out> :wink2::wink2:

Either Neil or AC/DC for Glasto would suit me fine.

If Hampden had not been such a let down, I would have been at the Manchester gig for sure.

Just can not get myself up for going to this one.

Have argued this point before mate and I'm convinced it's Hampden that's the issue. The gig in Madrid a few weeks before was incredible. Hampden was very 'meh' in comparison.

I mind about ten years ago I seen Oasis at hampden, then went to Manchester a few days later. I thought Hampden was pish and the one in Manchester was one of their best.

Manchester gig was at the Etihad BTW. Cracking venue. The sound at Hampden just gets lost too easily, which kills the atmosphere.

Have argued this point before mate and I'm convinced it's Hampden that's the issue. The gig in Madrid a few weeks before was incredible. Hampden was very 'meh' in comparison.

I mind about ten years ago I seen Oasis at hampden, then went to Manchester a few days later. I thought Hampden was pish and the one in Manchester was one of their best.

Manchester gig was at the Etihad BTW. Cracking venue. The sound at Hampden just gets lost too easily, which kills the atmosphere.

Think it was a mixture of that and (1) Stevie being no Mal and (2) Brian was f**ked after 2 songs.

I don't think I've ever seen a good gig at Hampden.

AC/DC '09 was rather flat.

Agreed. 4 gigs at Hampden for bands that I've seen plenty of times at other venues and never been disappointed with. Nothing wrong with their performances as such, just didn't have the same sort of energy.

• 2 years later...