Curved Tellys - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

As there seems to be trend towards starting topics on all things domestic (following Flora's hoover thread) are curved TVs on the way out or in? I don't watch much TV, so I don't have much interest in them (TVs). However, the old dear is getting a new one and seems set on a curved one - looking at a Samsung 48" 4k (whatever that is!) with a curved screen - she's a Virgin Media customer.

Edited by Charlie Endell

As there seems to be trend towards starting topics on all things domestic (following Flora's hoover thread) are curved TVs on the way out or in? I don't watch much TV, so I don't have much interest in them (TVs). However, the old dear is getting a new one and seems set on a curved one - looking at a Samsung 48" 4k (whatever that is!) with a curved screen - she's a Virgin Media customer.

Didn't even know you could get a curved screen.

That's what I was wondering.

4k is a total swizz - as per deecie it's all marketing bollocks to keep the industry afloat and keep people turning over new kit every few years - in technical terms the difference in quality between your what your eyeballs registers will make no discernible difference to a 1080p TV unless you opt for a 4k with a horrendously big screen size and huge dent in your wallet - you should see a difference potentially above 60 inch screen but you'll be eating beans for years!

4k is a total swizz - as per deecie it's all marketing bollocks to keep the industry afloat and keep people turning over new kit every few years - in technical terms the difference in quality between your what your eyeballs registers will make no discernible difference to a 1080p TV unless you opt for a 4k with a horrendously big screen size and huge dent in your wallet - you should see a difference potentially above 60 inch screen but you'll be eating beans for years!

Not entirely true. When you watch 4k content on a 4k telly its pretty stunning. Problem is there is not much uhd programming out there.

A curved screen is only really any good at the appropriate distance. If too close or far away then it doesnt really work - better with just a flat screen. So best to check out distance you will be seated from the screen before buying.