Stokes Suspended By Celtic - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Stokes Suspended By Celtic

Why are they only reporting this now when it happened 3 days ago?

Because it was Delia's pre-match conference today and it's the first time they've been able to ask about it.

Nothing sinister just the normal super sharp Scottish press.

Because it was Delia's pre-match conference today and it's the first time they've been able to ask about it.

Nothing sinister just the normal super sharp Scottish press.

No I didn't think there was anything sinister, just surprised as I thought it was well known already.

Wouldn't have featured in the next two weeks anyway so not really making any difference to the team on the park. Not sure I'd it would affect the dressing room or not mind you.

No I didn't think there was anything sinister, just surprised as I thought it was well known already.

Wouldn't have featured in the next two weeks anyway so not really making any difference to the team on the park. Not sure I'd it would affect the dressing room or not mind you.

Because he is suspended, is it the whole shebang? Training, the lot? So, he gets to sit on his arse at home for two weeks while picking up a wage?

Because he is suspended, is it the whole shebang? Training, the lot? So, he gets to sit on his arse at home for two weeks while picking up a wage?

As far as I know he'll still be on full pay. Pretty strange one but his Celtic days are numbered.

Few people saying he'll be loaned to Hibs in January but not sure how much truth there is in that.

Few people saying he'll be loaned to Hibs in January but not sure how much truth there is in that.

He can fcuk right off. Arsehole of a man who foreby being a brilliant player the first time round he was always tapping youngsters to feed his gambling habbits and caused no end of unrest among the squad during the second half of that season.

He can fcuk right off. Arsehole of a man who foreby being a brilliant player the first time round he was always tapping youngsters to feed his gambling habbits and caused no end of unrest among the squad during the second half of that season.

Do you not think Stubbs could keep him out of trouble? He'd certainly be an asset on the field.

Do you not think Stubbs could keep him out of trouble? He'd certainly be an asset on the field.

He maybe could but with Stokes I'm not sure, he seems to be a bully billy big balls who if he isn't happy will do whatever it takes to get his way, pretty much how he got his move to Celtic. He'd definitely score the goals in the championship though

Wanting game time so he can have a chance at playing for his country in a major finals.

I'd expect nothing less.

Can understand his frustration there.

Because he's not very bright.

Very true also.

Seems like a bit of an idiot off the park, if I'm honest, I've not seen much of him on the park recently (although thinking on it, he was in the bench at fir park, and in fact being on the bench (or in the stand) is his gripe).