March/ May Friendlies - Page 21 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

March/ May Friendlies

liviloyal

Metz is lovely. A wkd there in June with some sunshine would be cracking.

Would expect a sellout as it would be the

French final game b4 finals. A bit like the friendly in Arnhem in 2000.

Proper party atmos in the town and inside the stadium.

A cracking fixture if confirmed.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

edinburgh-amsterdam tuesday (klm)

amsterdam-prague wednesday (easyjet)

prague-amsterdam friday (easyjet)

amsterdam-edinburgh saturday (klm)

all good flight times

less than 2 ton all in

happy with that

Doing the same route as you bud. Looking forward to the night in the dam before. You wearing kilts etc in the dam?

Edited by Graham-zs

Are those opposition? There's talk of Italy in Switzerland

Italy in Switzerland I have seen floating around a lot over the weekend, but after having a think about it, would Strachan really want to play two high profile teams so close together (end of the day Italy and France will both be strong favorites to win the Euros) and part of Strachans thinking for no game last November was no avoid upsetting morale..... so what is two hammerings off Italy and France in the space of 5 days going to do for that, with the WC qualifiers so close (which if Strachan does not get off to a winning start is going to have elements of the fans and media turning against him).

You would expect 1 of the two games in May/June to be against a more beatable opponent than what France and Italy are.

Edited by wanderer

Italy in Switzerland I have seen floating around a lot over the weekend, but after having a think about it, would Strachan really want to play two high profile teams so close together (end of the day Italy and France will both be strong favorites to win the Euros) and part of Strachans thinking for no game last November was no avoid upsetting morale..... so what is two hammerings off Italy and France in the space of 5 days going to do for that, with the WC qualifiers so close (which if Strachan does not get off to a winning start is going to have elements of the fans and media turning against him).

You would expect 1 of the two games in May/June to be against a more beatable opponent than what France and Italy are.

Id expect them to be something much more sensible to team morale as you say, Surely teams that have qualified like NI Romania Austria etc, easily beatable opposition are looking for a game?
Bizzare why we would set ourself's up for a potential hiding or two are beyond me.
Italy in Switzerland Im struggling to get my head around... surely Italys base for Euros is somewhere in France? Surely Its just as easy for them to play in Italy or even France as it is Switzerland?
Whoever the games are and where ever the games are I hope they make their minds up and let us know soon!

Italy in Switzerland Im struggling to get my head around... surely Italys base for Euros is somewhere in France? Surely Its just as easy for them to play in Italy or even France as it is Switzerland?

Its for pre-Euro training camps (think rules are all teams have to be in France so-and-so days before the tournament kicks off) so most teams are heading to Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Italy for training camps, before heading to France (eg Ukraine are apparently going out to Turkey for May, then having a weeks training camp with games attached to it in Italy, before going on to France..... Russia are apparently going to Austria).

Also thinking, given all the world class facilities they scream about having, that surely there must be some team thinking about a game and training camp in London before going on to France?

Ideally from a selfish point of view me and my bank account could do without an away double header, especially one that's a week apart going by the rumours.

I'm trying to get everything for 2016 booked up right now, I'm wanting to get Malta sorted but don't want to book flights invade they announce a friendly prior to the opening qualifier

Edited by DoonTheSlope

Neither team would be at full strength and as mentioned a wonderful opportunity to play 2 very good teams.

Don't think for 1 minute either would gub us.

Full strength Germany only won via the odd goal twice.

We are quick to moan when we play cack like Qatar and Nire, but then moan when for once we may have exciting fixtures.

Bizarre.

Ideally from a selfish point of view me and my bank account could do without an away double header, especially one that's a week apart going by the rumours.

I'm trying to get everything for 2016 booked up right now, I'm wanting to get Malta sorted but don't want to book flights invade they announce a friendly prior to the opening qualifier

2016 seems to be turning into away game over kill, would imagine if the SFA planned a September game it would be a home game (probably no later than the Thursday) at the most.

Neither team would be at full strength and as mentioned a wonderful opportunity to play 2 very good teams.

Don't think for 1 minute either would gub us.

Full strength Germany only won via the odd goal twice.

We are quick to moan when we play cack like Qatar and Nire, but then moan when for once we may have exciting fixtures.

Bizarre.

It would be full strength in terms of their squad for the finals (probably a case of they would not get out of 1st gear though).

My one fear is our habit of our players switching off and on holiday mode once full time has blown on the last game of the season...... Going up against teams getting ready for a month of football ahead of them.

It would be full strength in terms of their squad for the finals (probably a case of they would not get out of 1st gear though).

My one fear is our habit of our players switching off and on holiday mode once full time has blown on the last game of the season...... Going up against teams getting ready for a month of football ahead of them.

That was the scenario when we were pumped 5 nil in USA. End of season for Scotland when they were warming up for a qualifier.