Night In Vienna? - Page 2 - Slovakia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Night In Vienna?

slasher

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was in Budapest and Vienna with the Mrs in August.
If you have the choice, go for Budapest. It is an excellent city, one of the best I have visited.

Vienna City centre is impressive but outwith the centre, it was very drab and quite run down. It is also a lot more expensive than Budapest.

Trains from both cities to Bratislava are very regular and cheap.

• 3 weeks later...

I am looking at booking flights to vienna does anyone know how far to the train station from the airport so we can get train to bratislava.

15-20 minutes on direct train to Center of Vienna IIRC then 45 minutes to Bratislava, but there is direct buses from the airport to Bratislava

8:30pm tonight on Channel 4 "travel Man: 48 hours in Vienna" for a little insight into Vienna.

Haha, I watched that. Didnt get much insight other than what a pair of cockwombles the two intrepid travellers were. Im sure Richard Ayoade thinks he's a funny guy in his own head!

Haha, I watched that. Didnt get much insight other than what a pair of cockwombles the two intrepid travellers were. Im sure Richard Ayoade thinks he's a funny guy in his own head!

Haha true.

Shame, as the one they did on Istanbul last year was actually quite good

I'm going to Vienna on the Sunday night. I arrive at 15:15 so toying with idea to stay in a new city I've never been to before or just make my way straight to Bratislava

Glasgow >>> Dublin 8:40 - 9:40 (Ryanair)

Dublin >>> Vienna 11:30 - 15:15 (Aer Lingus)

Aye we are doing a night in Vienna and then a wee cruise up the Danube on the Monday. We'll be sailing.....should be fun!