U21 Squad V Ukraine - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

U21 Squad V Ukraine

wanderer

I was going to say Sibbald is too old, but looked it up first. I can't believe he's still only 20 - he seems to have been around forever! How/why he's not been picked up by a bigger club I'll never know.

It does seem odd he hasn't got a move. What are his weaknesses? Steven Fletcher took an age to leave Hibs despite it being blindingly obvious he could play at a much higher level.

It does seem odd he hasn't got a move. What are his weaknesses? Steven Fletcher took an age to leave Hibs despite it being blindingly obvious he could play at a much higher level.

Probably his lack of pace. He frequently ties an opposition player - or two - in knots when they try to take the ball off him, but unless he can release it quickly they're tackling him again a few seconds later because they can often outrun him.

He used to be easy to knock off the ball when he first started playing, just after his sixteenth birthday, but he's bulked up substantially in the last few years. He's quite a stocky wee bugger now, which helps because he gets kicked up and down the pack most weeks.

I think everyone at Falkirk is surprised that he's hasn't gotten a move yet. He's (IMO) better than his fellow midfielders of McGrandles and Fulton, who we sold to Norwich and Swansea. I'm planning to attend the Ukraine game so I'll be interested to see how Jay plays - assuming he gets a game, of course.

I can't comment on Sibbald but McKay has undoubtedly been one of Rangers' best players this season so it's a well-deserved call-up to the squad. He's always had a brilliant touch and he now seems to be improving his decision-making, he'll make a short pass to retain possession rather than swing a ball into an empty penalty box, so that's a maturity young wingers often don't have.

As far as I can tell the U21 squad is similar to the first team squad ie not much quality at CB or CF but plenty of wee attacking midfielders/wingers!

Going to this. St Mirren Park very easy to get to from Glasgow Central.

Re: Andrew Robertson. He's been sub a fair amount for Hull who are a 2nd tier team and not a 1st pick for senior team so U21 makes sense to me.

Going to this. St Mirren Park very easy to get to from Glasgow Central.

Re: Andrew Robertson. He's been sub a fair amount for Hull who are a 2nd tier team and not a 1st pick for senior team so U21 makes sense to me.

He's started all bar three of Hull's games this season and played 90 minutes in the vast majority of those. He's had *one* substitute appearance.

Then again, facts aren't really your strong point are they?

Robertson's inclusion is simple for me. He needs more game time and experience as one of our hottest prospects. Also his influence will lift everyone else in the squad. With Gauld and Fraser out there is a lack of experience in there and hopefully Robertson will give them that.

If you are the right age and there isn't a full international you are likely to be involved in then you should be called up for the under 21s. Seems simple to me.

He's started all bar three of Hull's games this season and played 90 minutes in the vast majority of those. He's had *one* substitute appearance.

Then again, facts aren't really your strong point are they?

Also, don't most trains from "Glasgow Central" skip the stop right beside St Mirren Park?

My mistake re Robertson. I scan the papers on Sunday and I had the impression he was not a regular this season. He's a decent player but he's still in the 2nd tier of English football where we need him playing in the top tier. His career has taken a slight backward after a extreme rise. If Hull don't get promoted back then he needs to move.

Trains are 15:36, 16:06, 16:18, 17:07 to Paisley St James

My mistake re Robertson. I scan the papers on Sunday and I had the impression he was not a regular this season. He's a decent player but he's still in the 2nd tier of English football where we need him playing in the top tier. His career has taken a slight backward after a extreme rise. If Hull don't get promoted back then he needs to move

Top of league tonight and Robertson scores!

My mistake re Robertson. I scan the papers on Sunday and I had the impression he was not a regular this season. He's a decent player but he's still in the 2nd tier of English football where we need him playing in the top tier. His career has taken a slight backward after a extreme rise. If Hull don't get promoted back then he needs to move

Top of league tonight and Robertson scores!

Nit good enough, playing at a shite level

Poor bugger !

Crewe are the worst team in League One, bottom of the league. Bradden inman plays for them now, he was the one that played for us until Australia came calling and we weren't good enough for him anymore. What a superstar he turned out to be :-))

Crewe were absolutely rank and Kingsley couldn't even get off the bench which doesn't bode well.