Class Of '92 - Out Of Their League - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Class Of '92 - Out Of Their League

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great 2nd episode. The owners, especially Gary Neville, come across very well. The only nagging doubt about them is the silent partner who they sold 50% of the club to.

Is it no the Valencia owner (Peter Lim?) - that could be total baws, but I heard somewhere fairly reputable, I think.

On, the respective talents of the Neville brothers, I believe Phil was also an excellent cricketer. As a junior, he was meant to have more natural talent than 'Freddie' Flintoff and had to decide which sport to commit to. Again, this could be baws as well, but it was Flintoff himself who said it.

Is it no the Valencia owner (Peter Lim?) - that could be total baws, but I heard somewhere fairly reputable, I think.

On, the respective talents of the Neville brothers, I believe Phil was also an excellent cricketer. As a junior, he was meant to have more natural talent than 'Freddie' Flintoff and had to decide which sport to commit to. Again, this could be baws as well, but it was Flintoff himself who said it.

Both true & Gary was a very good cricketer too.

when they first took over Salford the word was that they were going to be involved with the coaching and that they wanted to pick up young guys from man utd and city plus the other league clubs in the area who had been released and give them a second chance.if this is their real reason for taking over the club then i applaud them.but if they are just wanting to bankroll them through the divisions then i hope they know how much it is going to cost them.they knocked my team out of this seasons FA cup and they were a well organised side and it was no shock to me when they knocked out Notts county a good portion of their squad have football league experience and three of them have played in the EPL.if they get promoted to the conference north they will have to spend a small fortune on the ground as well as have a hefty wage bill and if they are looking higher most teams who gain promotion to the football league have a seven figure playing budget.I do hope they realise the 400 extra supporters they have picked up so far will soon disappear if they stop winning every week.

ian

if they get promoted to the conference north they will have to spend a small fortune on the ground as well as have a hefty wage bill and if they are looking higher most teams who gain promotion to the football league have a seven figure playing budget.I do hope they realise the 400 extra supporters they have picked up so far will soon disappear if they stop winning every week.

ian

I think thats where the Singapore guy comes in.

thats the one. Conveniently Phil Neville is the current coach of Valencia as well.

Give him his due, he does appear to be committed to giving it a go. He gave himself 3 months to earn Spanish, for example. Compared to David Moyes living in a hotel for over a year shows he's at least got a positive attitude to the job. Hopefully more coaches give this kind of thing a go, although, as you say, there is a convenient link with Valencia.