Hartlepool Fc? - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hartlepool Fc?

Yes I've been there 2 or 3 times. It's a good old fashioned town centre/terraced houses all around sort of place, fairly closed in & small but (usually) vociferous fan base depending to a degree on who they are playing. It's a relatively easy run for us so we tend to travel in numbers there which triggers a decent atmosphere but Cheltenham will probably have barely a minibus load. Last time I went most of the ground was terracing.

There's a club at the ground that let away fans in so assume you'd have no trouble otherwise plenty of pubs close by.

Jibes about monkey hangers don't tend to trigger the kind of aggro they once did but may still be a sore point :-)

There's some sort of old tall ship really close to the ground that I think you can visit as well but I've only driven past never been in.

Bit more info here: http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-two/victoria-park-hartlepool-united.html

Yes I've been there 2 or 3 times. It's a good old fashioned town centre/terraced houses all around sort of place, fairly closed in & small but (usually) vociferous fan base depending to a degree on who they are playing. It's a relatively easy run for us so we tend to travel in numbers there which triggers a decent atmosphere but Cheltenham will probably have barely a minibus load. Last time I went most of the ground was terracing.

There's a club at the ground that let away fans in so assume you'd have no trouble otherwise plenty of pubs close by.

Jibes about monkey hangers don't tend to trigger the kind of aggro they once did but may still be a sore point :-)

There's some sort of old tall ship really close to the ground that I think you can visit as well but I've only driven past never been in.

Bit more info here: http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-two/victoria-park-hartlepool-united.html

I didn't think there would be any issue with that at all. I thought that was their official nickname anyway!

I didn't think there would be any issue with that at all. I thought that was their official nickname anyway!

In the good old hoolie days it was usually a guaranteed strategy for winding up their numpties but these days they have embraced it...H'Angus the Monkey of course ended up Mayor of Hartlepool. We usually try to throw in a few abusive chants for old times sake though.

On the subject of the monkey there's a clever & funny book on the subject:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Hartlepool-Monkey-Sean-Longley/dp/0385612532