O' Halloran For Scotland - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

O' Halloran For Scotland

Ormond

thats post is far too sensible for this thread Eddie

he only has 2 under 21 caps, he has been released from a chapionship club and only has 2 goals this season he will be as well chucking it.

i remember when we signed this winger on a free transfer who only had 1 under 21 cap.

he then scored a hatrick against Hibs at Hampden, won 25 scotland caps and we sold him for a seven figure sum so it turned out alright in the end

Yes very good.

He simply isn't anywhere near good enough. Sorry but its a fact

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes very good.

He simply isn't anywhere near good enough. Sorry but its a fact

It's more your opinion than a fact, really.

My opinion (not a fact admittedly....) is that he's been the most exciting player at St Johnstone this season by a mile, has scared the shit out of pretty much every full back he's faced - so much so that most teams are now putting 2 or 3 men on him, and Dundee United pretty much resorted to kicking him every time he got the ball until he went off injured. He has improved significantly from last season. Bearing in mind this is really only his 2nd full season of regular football, he's now beginning to show that he has confidence in his ability, thanks in no small part to Tommy Wright's man management. On current form, I genuinely wouldn't swap him for any other wide player in the Scottish Leagues.

There are still weaknesses there - making the wrong decisions at times, poor final ball, not tracking back occasionally - but he's improving these aspects all the time. As Eddie says, if he's still playing to the same level next year, other than the fact he plays for a diddy team, there's no reason why he shouldn't be considered.

If I'm being pedantic, he's actually scored 3 times this season if you count the European games.

Edited by Nelly

For what? The Scotland squad?

Judging from what I have seen of Forrest and what I have seen of o'halloran this season i know who I would rather have.

Yes the squad.

Forrest was one of our best players in the recent qualifiers. O'Halloran is barely an established SPL player. Ridiculous

He is not and he was nowhere near being one of our best players of the last qualification campaign.

He only played 3 games and wasn't very good in two of them

The last campaign no... The last qualifiers yes. Two of the worst players in the campaign were Fletcher and Forrest - Both were standouts v Poland.

The last campaign no... The last qualifiers yes. Two of the worst players in the campaign were Fletcher and Forrest - Both were standouts v Poland.

Forrest didn't stand out against Poland, it was probably his best performance in a scotland shirt but then the bar wasn't set very high on his previous performances

Or a Forrest fan generally. But he's MILES ahead of an SPL nobody like O'Halloran.

Yep, no goals and 1 assist in his 14 games for Celtic so far this season, playing in the same position as the SPL nobody. Clearly MILES ahead.

Some excellent points there Nelly, facts to back them up. Not opinion being passed off as fact.

You forgot to add as well that Forrest would be playing with a better calibre of player (in my opinion) making it easier for him to provide goals and assists?

That's very much a fact, David.

I've only seen this player a couple of times and I'm not suggesting he should be in the squad yet, but those suggesting he should NEVER be in the squad are a bit odd. Btw he's quite similar to Gordon Durie, who was excellent in away games.

I thought he was a winger?....Durie was a striker!! How are they similar?

Proud Scot, you obviously have no clue what a fitba' looks like let alone kicked one. What an absolute headcase!

I only asked the question, nothing more. Hannibal makes some excellent points about Hartley who was signed from Saints. Proud Scot, stick to Championship Manager son. Bloody clown.

Proud Scot, you obviously have no clue what a fitba' looks like let alone kicked one. What an absolute headcase!

I only asked the question, nothing more. Hannibal makes some excellent points about Hartley who was signed from Saints. Proud Scot, stick to Championship Manager son. Bloody clown.

Quite honestly, I think that there are a few on here who base their opinion on players - especially teenage prospects* - based on their stats on Football Manger !

As for O'Halloran, I think it's a bit early to put him in the Scotland squad but if he can keep his form going into 2016 then why not give him a go in a friendly ?

*I know O'Halloran isn't a teenager anymore but the point stands.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

Quite honestly, I think that there are a few on here who base their opinion on players - especially teenage prospects - based on their stats on Football Manger !

As for O'Halloran, I think it's a bit early to put him in the Scotland squad but if he can keep his form going into 2016 then why not give him a go in a friendly ?

Sensible as always Thistle.

The problem is on this board especially there are too many wee laddies who get their fitba' knowledge from Sky Sports News. Obsessed about fancy clubs with more airtime.

I never said O' Halloran should be capped but that perhaps he should be studied?

Sensible as always Thistle.

The problem is on this board especially there are too many wee laddies who get their fitba' knowledge from Sky Sports News. Obsessed about fancy clubs with more airtime.

I never said O' Halloran should be capped but that perhaps he should be studied?

thanks pal, thats the nicest thing you have ever said about me :P

Its similar to the Hearts fans who are looking for Paterson to get a call up, we dont have a game until March at the earliest, if they both keep up their current form then they might be worth a call up