Lewandowski ....5 In 9 Minutes ! - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lewandowski ....5 In 9 Minutes !

DubsDave

Twice 3rd on World Cup and qualified for a fair number of big tournaments recently (with no success once qualified though). Produced good number of great players Deyna, Lato, Lubanski, Boniek, Warzycha, Smolarek, Tomaszewski, Lewandowski etc. plus bunch of guys that we have now playing in decent leagues and clubs

Always could be better of course but could be worse either. We will see where this team will takes us.

We suffer from lack of funds in national football league for sure and there is a sense of underachievieng overall but is not that big as you would expect.

Loved Zbigniew Boniek when I was a boy. He was fantastic at the '82 World Cup and for me stands alongside guys like Rummenigge, Platini, Rossi, Dalglish and Giresse as the best of their generation. Lewandowski is to Poland today what Boniek was 30 years ago. Edited by redstevie007

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So FIFA/UEFA want to get rid of "small nations" from their big tournaments or no? :) In general: yes or no?

Or that cases in which they want to that and that "cannot be compared" are simply picked up by you or other fans supporting that version, from all the games played to fit into theory?

Denmark, Holland, Czech Republic, Wales, NI, Ireland, Iceland, Switzerland and probably others- they won`t fit into it for sure.

On most occassions i would figure not - otherwise how would football develop

But considering FIFA/UEFA are one of the most corrupt organisations in the world , particulary when it comes to Finance, I would have no doubt that certain matches have been decided before a ball is kicked.

To completely not be willing to accept that ....would be shockingly nieve , especially when news of corruption after corruption within the FIFA is been exposed ....just ask the heads of Coca Cola, McDonalds etc

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

Loved Zbigniew Boniek when I was a boy. He was fantastic at the '82 World Cup and for me stands alongside guys like Rummenigge, Platini, Rossi, Dalglish and Giresse as the best of their generation. Lewandowski is to Poland today what Boniek was 30 years ago.

True that.

He will be on Hampden tomorrow as a Polish FA chairman.

Edited by fanatyk

Shite decision, compounded by bad defending. Free header 6 yards from goal isn't good enough.

Yep, i remember being just as angry at the defending. I'm pretty sure it was Darren Fletcher most at fault. He absolutely hides in the box when high balls come in. I'm pretty sure that's the 2nd goal he's been (at least partially) responsible for because he's wary of putting his heid in.

If the defender kicked the ball away as he should do it wouldn`t be any allegations.

Or maybe he was a part of that conspiracy? :shocked:

Let`s not get paranoid.

Or maybe we will.

That`s football. Once you`re lucky with referee, once you`re not. It`s not ideal, but untill referees are people there will be mistakes.

But with that logic you trying to impose here: Iceland should be nowhere near France 2016, Wales should be nowhere near it, maybe Norn Iron as well etc. All small nations.

It`s easier to expelain such situation with controversial theories, but sometimes, or maybe mostly, it`s just luck of luck.

This is about the first sensible stuff I've heard written about this decision since it happened in 2007.

On most occassions i would figure not - otherwise how would football develop

But considering FIFA/UEFA are one of the most corrupt organisations in the world , particulary when it comes to Finance, I would have no doubt that certain matches have been decided before a ball is kicked.

To completely not be willing to accept that ....would be shockingly nieve , especially when news of corruption after corruption within the FIFA is been exposed ....just ask the heads of Coca Cola, McDonalds etc

This is not.

Edited by dohadeer

I fear it's going to be Scotland v Poland AND the Referee.

(no offence intended to any Polish fans).

I just think with Lewandowski being the man of the moment and his star rising higher and higher at Bayern, UEFA will want Lewandowski at Euro 2016 no matter how.

With that in mind, I can see the referee letting decision's go Poland's way.

We've all seen such shenanigans in the past.

Let's hope Scotland turn up and are so good the referee can't affect the result.

Come on.

Where do people get this nonsense?

Although, this poster also thinks the word 'decisions' has an apostrophe in it, so that's the level of intelligence we're dealing with here......

FIFA? Apparently so.

Games, in particular European Championship Qualifiers, in the manner mentioned (ie by the referee awarding a free kick on the wing in stoppage time)? No.

The game flagged above was a World Cup Qualifier not a European Qualifier.

I don't really buy into the conspiracy theory but however you want to look at that decision it was an awful one.

Viktor Kasai is well know of being very well prepared for every single match.He spend many hours watching videos from previous games,players behaviours etc.Also very strict with dirty fouls etc.Another blow for Scottish players then,

As Strachan pointed out, the stats show it's Poland who are the dirtier team. 110 fouls to our 80 this campaign and you have 15 yellow cards we have 13. Those stats speak for themselves.

Yep, i remember being just as angry at the defending. I'm pretty sure it was Darren Fletcher most at fault. He absolutely hides in the box when high balls come in. I'm pretty sure that's the 2nd goal he's been (at least partially) responsible for because he's wary of putting his heid in.

Aye, I wasn't wanting to blame him directly, but Panucci was Fletcher's 'man' and he was nowhere near him.

As Strachan pointed out, the stats show it's Poland who are the dirtier team. 110 fouls to our 80 this campaign and you have 15 yellow cards we have 13. Those stats speak for themselves.

We have also had more fouls committed against us than any other team in this group. Who would have thought Strachan was a statto?

I don't really buy into the conspiracy theory but however you want to look at that decision it was an awful one.

It was a Euro 2008 Qualifier wasn't it, unless my memory is worse than I thought?

Maybe it was a genuine mistake .....but in gods name ....ill never know how BOTH linesman (especially considering the linesman positioning at the time of the incident) and referee came to the conclusion that Italy should be awarded a free-kick and that rightly looks suspect especially considering FIFAs cheqeured history

Maybe it was a genuine mistake .....but in gods name ....ill never know how BOTH linesman (especially considering the linesman positioning at the time of the incident) and referee came to the conclusion that Italy should be awarded a free-kick and that rightly looks suspect especially considering FIFAs cheqeured history

I said at the time, as did others, it cannot have been a genuine mistake. Ask anyone in the world and 100% will agree the decision was wrong and simply not a mistake that anyone over the age of 2 could make. Ogh weel onto todays heartache now...

I said at the time, as did others, it cannot have been a genuine mistake. Ask anyone in the world and 100% will agree the decision was wrong and simply not a mistake that anyone over the age of 2 could make. Ogh weel onto todays heartache now...

I don't agree with that so there goes your 100% statement. Several others in the thread have said the same.

Don't make silly, unfounded statements. That's not constructive to the discussion in any way.