Will Ibrox Sell Out ? - Page 7 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Will Ibrox Sell Out ?

Robroysboy

Wouldnt worry mate, 5pm kick of most people in the pub for 5+ hours that day getting tanked up. Come national athem and kick i bet most people will forget about it then and do what we do best, be the best set of fans on the Planet and get behind Gordon and the Team. France 2016 WELL BE COMING roll on next saturday.

This!!!

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 areas very good availability left

18 areas good availability left

43 areas either sold out, or virtually sold out

Probably translates to around just over two thirds of the tickets sold with a week to go. Approx 35,000 so far. More encouragingly the Republic game looks like it's heading for a sell out...

Hope Celtic park sells out could be some occasion

If the top level in the main stand at Ibrox is empty will we notice? Why they are bothering to sell tickets there while other areas have not sold out is beyond me. They used to wait to sell the South Stand Upper at Hampden until it looked like all other areas will sell out. I think that affects the atmosphere if there are lots of obvious empty seats.

Unbelievable that this game on a Saturday will not be a sell out. Bloody SFA and their prices.

While I fully agree that the pricing strategy is indefensible a wee bit of perspective is required.

The last Scotland game I attended at Ibrox was against the might of Italy in 1992. Should have been a stick on full house you would think.

The crowd was 33,029.

A 40,000 plus attendance v Georgia will be an astonishing turnout in comparison...

While I fully agree that the pricing strategy is indefensible a wee bit of perspective is required.

The last Scotland game I attended at Ibrox was against the might of Italy in 1992. Should have been a stick on full house you would think.

The crowd was 33,029.

A 40,000 plus attendance v Georgia will be an astonishing turnout in comparison...

yeah but crowds were not great for most qualifiers in the early 90's

22,583 against Portugal

Think at hampden with previous price structure this would have sold out.

The venue has nothing to do with it. Its completely down to the price of tickets.

Absolute madness to do this and to jepordise a full house for opening home game of the campaign.

If we cant get 40000 for our 1st home match on a Saturday when we are playing better than we have done in years what do you think we will get v gibralter on a sunday????. The greedy SFA have ballsed it up once again.

The venue has nothing to do with it. Its completely down to the price of tickets.

Absolute madness to do this and to jepordise a full house for opening home game of the campaign.

Agreed, apologies I meant at Hampden with hampden pricing. if that had been replicated at Ibrox then yes agreed. Nothing against Ibrox.

Just learnt that Ibrox has a 50 000 capacity (thought it was something like 44 000-45 000).

Even if we'll be 40 000, which i think is the max, it'll be really bad to see 10 000 empty seats.

Thanks $FA.

Edited by McVinceSCT

The crowd was 33,029.

Just under 47k when I was there in 1996 v Sweden.