Well Done Corbyn For Not Singing Gstq - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Well Done Corbyn For Not Singing Gstq

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't either and Nicola shouldn't have either last week. Its a sham of a song in a sham of a union. We should be standing up to these fascist murdering scum in the UK.

Its not a sham youve had your say and you voted to stay in ;-) and who are the facist murdering scum you speak of ? I dont believe Her Majesty has "offed" anyone recently either personally or by design !! As for the song i think its a cracker i sing it every morning the full version and I really belt out the "crush the rebellious Scots" bit :sing::wink2:

Its not a sham youve had your say and you voted to stay in ;-) and who are the facist murdering scum you speak of ? I dont believe Her Majesty has "offed" anyone recently either personally or by design !! As for the song i think its a cracker i sing it every morning the full version and I really belt out the "crush the rebellious Scots" bit :sing::wink2:

I think you'll find the words are "rebellious Scots to crush " :sing:

I think you'll find the words are "rebellious Scots to crush " :sing:

:lol::lol:

I wouldn't either and Nicola shouldn't have either last week. Its a sham of a song in a sham of a union. We should be standing up to these fascist murdering scum in the UK.

Corbyn didn't sing it as he is a long standing republican.

As far as I know, Nicola isn't anti-monarchy.

Happy to be corrected on that?

Corbyn didn't sing it as he is a long standing republican.

As far as I know, Nicola isn't anti-monarchy.

Happy to be corrected on that?

Nicola wants a republic, she would offer vote to the public after betty dies. she is a republican , Alec was more of a monarchist

She was representing Scotland on official duty , she had no choice but to sing.

I dont know what i would do if i was in her place.

Nicola wants a republic, she would offer vote to the public after betty dies. she is a republican , Alec was more of a monarchist

This would suggest otherwise, but it is the Telegraph..

"Although the First Minister tweeted me this morning to say she had paid generous tribute to the Queen "on many occasions", and that she affirmed her allegiance to the monarch rather than swearing the oath.

The difference between the oath and affirmation is not the reference to HM Queen. The difference is the religious element," she tweeted"

To my mind this would suggest Nicola is quite happy for God to save the Queen.

.http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-politics/11695654/Nicola-Sturgeon-vs-the-Queen-Scottish-SNP-leader-should-end-this-row.html

It's the anthem of England/NI at spurting events and UK. Not Scotland.

It is if you're Andy Murray, or Liz McColgan, or Chris Hoy etc etc.

Personally I feckin hate the dirge and wouldn't sing it under any circumstances, but let's not lose sight of the facts.

I can assure you that Sturgeon is not a republican. I have no doubt that she would allow a vote on the matter if the people wanted one... But she would not support it.

This would suggest otherwise, but it is the Telegraph..

"Although the First Minister tweeted me this morning to say she had paid generous tribute to the Queen "on many occasions", and that she affirmed her allegiance to the monarch rather than swearing the oath.

The difference between the oath and affirmation is not the reference to HM Queen. The difference is the religious element," she tweeted"

To my mind this would suggest Nicola is quite happy for God to save the Queen.

.http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-politics/11695654/Nicola-Sturgeon-vs-the-Queen-Scottish-SNP-leader-should-end-this-row.html

Both include an oath to the queen. If you want to attend parliament there is no choice not to swear fealty to the monarch - hence the absence of Sinn Fein from Westminster.

It's fecking scandalous - there should be an alternative oath for elected representatives who'd prefer a republic. Why should they have to lie or go against their principles or even not take up their seat?

There are only about 30 monarchies in the world with all the other countries being republics, so it's not as if it's a totally wacky system for running a country.