West V North Stand - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

West V North Stand

Gala Tartan Army (Borders)

We usually go to the North stand but have been a bit disappointed with the atmosphere there recently . On Monday night we went to the West stand, don't know if it was about being so close to the Germans but the atmosphere and banter was fantastic throughout the game . West stand for us from now on !

With my laddie finally reaching 16 years old, my last 10 years in the East finally ended with us going into the North on Monday night. Fantastic to be back in land of non high pitched screams of Scotland and pished up young un's on a cheap ticket standing and giving abuse to everyone asking them to politely sit down.

Might give the West a shot for the next campaign. The only times I have been in it is for a couple of low key friendlies, and the atmosphere was grim.

But i agree, on Monday I was in C1 on the border of North and West & the West seemed to be buzzing, with all the songs starting from there.

Been in West Stand corner since Euro 2008 qualifiers and it is great.

All the up themselves guys with big feathers sticking out of their hats can stay in the North Stand, was a benifit of moving to the West getting away from them. If you lot all move over, then all the West Stand fans will switch to the North and it will be a vicious cycle of musical chairs.

There's a fair proportion of wallopers wherever you are in the ground to be fair. I've been going to the West stand for years now and the atmosphere's nearly always brilliant. The banter with the Germans the other night was great fun and friendly, despite the odd fud from our support going on about Nazis and Jews. In the same seat for Poland next month (section B1, right next to the away support) so might be interesting :lol:

Edited by redstevie007