Don't Give Up, - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Don't Give Up,

gaz7

If we had won on Friday we would currently be bets 3rd placed side.

That's not true at all. You need to go and check your facts because that's incorrect.

(That's ignoring the fact that whoever is best 3rd place currently is completely misleading and almost irrelevant.)

Edited by dohadeer

The original poster did indeed say 'we're due a big home win.'

It was the person who tried to explain it further that I was quoting who said 'are due us a win.'

Either way I'm still not getting the idea of being 'due' a home win.

Firstly what about Croatia or Ireland? Perhaps they aren't coming under the poster's definition of big. I don't know.

Secondly, we're only going to play a 'big' team at home on average of every two years. How often do you expect to win these games? The bookies have us at 15/2 to win tomorrow which would suggest we should win one of these games every 20 years. We beat France in 2006 so I wouldn't necessarily say we are 'due' another such win if that's what the poster meant. It's yet another case of fans feeling their team are hard done by when not really the case.

Finally and probably my main issue, football doesn't work like that, so it was a pretty naive comment in the first place. We won't win a game against a big team simply by being 'due' to win one. Each game is an individual event, unrelated to the successes or failures of previous campaigns. At least unrelated in the way the poster meant.

I think you might be over analysing this, just a tiny wee bit.

There has been too much negativity since the final whistle on Friday night. Don't get me wrong sitting in the stadium after the game I was totally scunnered. Thought it was all over but that's just nonsense. We are still in with a shout of qualification.

The team will want to make amends for the Georgia game & us as supporters can't give up yet. Let's all get right behind the team tonight & give them that extra yard.

The supporters need the team to be on top form but the players also need us on form tonight.

Come on Scotland!!!!