Embarrassing - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Embarrassing

Squirrelhumper

Worried about playing a team 140 odds in the world?

You for real?

Do you really put much faith in the accuracy of the FIFA world rankings?

One look at the club sides the Georgian squad played for would suggest that they are significantly better than the lower tier of European nations.

i'm so disappointed and depressed. :(

What the hell happened? No dig, no drive, no nothing. We never at any point looked like doing anything in that game.

Sat too deep, didn't play with urgency and were lacking aggression. Failed to move the opposition about by passing quickly or mix up the play by shooting from distance. Pretty much everything wrong.

One look at the club sides the Georgian squad played for would suggest that they are significantly better than the lower tier of European nations.

They'd won one game in the group, against Gibraltar.

We got utterly outplayed.

I do agree that their ranking probably doesn't reflect the quality they have.

Scotland probably had too many potential passengers tonight,

Maloney can win a game for you on a good night, tonight wasn't a good night.

Fletcher has never really impressed at this level.

Morrison has been better recently, but so often a passenger.

Anya, like all wingers, if it's not his night... passenger.

The team played poorly and even the players who showed glimpses of being up for it were dragged down by the rest. Not getting into names because everyone disagrees and has their own idea of who was the worst. Playing against a defensive-counter set-up is much harder when your whole team is off the boil and the ones who could do damage don't get decent service or opportunities. Midfield was rank tonight.

The team played poorly and even the players who showed glimpses of being up for it were dragged down by the rest. Not getting into names because everyone disagrees and has their own idea of who was the worst. Playing against a defensive-counter set-up is much harder when your whole team is off the boil and the ones who could do damage don't get decent service or opportunities. Midfield was rank tonight.

Agree with that.

Too many players had an off night.

:(

I suppose my one criticism might be that there were a lot of (too many) "hot and cold" players in that team.

Edited by sbcmfc

Agreed.

No wonder we're shite with so many wet wipes in the support happy to find trivial excuses for failure

I was in Tblisi in 2007 and was worried that this would be the fixture that we slipped up in again. We're a decent side but don't have the quality of players that Germany and Poland have. I'm actually surprised that we've made it as far as we have in the group. Our squad consists mainly of players from the lower half of the Premiership, Celtic and the Championship. When we lost the first goal tonight it was always going to be very difficult.

It's also worth considering that Georgia changed their manager at the start of the year and by all accounts have improved since then. It's been a hugely disappointing night but in terms of embarrassment as a Scotland fan there have been much worse ones over the years.

Edited by fraz65