Embarrassing - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Embarrassing

Squirrelhumper

Agreed.

No wonder we're shite with so many wet wipes in the support happy to find trivial excuses for failure

The response by some on here is baffling. That Georgia team is one of the worst teams in UEFA.

From what I've read of the perspective of Georgian fans and those based in Tblisi, they seem to have improved this year. Ireland struggled over there and by all accounts they gave Poland a decent game away from home, although they lost three late goals.

After Moldova, Estonia, Ukraine, Macedonia and Lithuania I wasn't prepared to get my hopes up and would have accepted a draw before the match.

I accepted that Scotland were always going to be terrible at tennis but that worked out ok.

I'm not sure that Jock Strap and I can be held responsible for last night's performance.

We are terrible at tennis bar one freak player.

We have been punching above our weight recently, in reality we are a pot 4 team.

Do you really put much faith in the accuracy of the FIFA world rankings?

One look at the club sides the Georgian squad played for would suggest that they are significantly better than the lower tier of European nations.

There is no way Georgia are 147th in the world. No way. Around 70th would be more accurate and with the teams ranked 40-90 there is little difference between them they are all much of a muchness.

We knew from the start this would be a tough one. Yes a decent performance and we should, could, maybe even would have won it but even then we might not - the better side doesn't always win. Football would be shite if they did.

Fact is we turned in a poor performance (at least for the final

hour) and created nothing (in the whole match) and got what we deserved.

But Georgia are not as poor a team as their ranking suggests and they are no mugs.

Both Poland and Ireland struggled to win over there - they got the breaks and we were always going to need a slice of luck sometime in the 90 as well. Maybe you create your own luck sometimes, maybe that's what Poland and Ireland did but we certainly didn't.

I said at the start that Georgia would not lose all their home games (ignoring Gibraltar obviously) and unfortunately it was us that took the fall.

There is no way Georgia are 147th in the world. No way. Around 70th would be more accurate and with the teams ranked 40-90 there is little difference between them they are all much of a muchness.

We knew from the start this would be a tough one. Yes a decent performance and we should, could, maybe even would have won it but even then we might not - the better side doesn't always win. Football would be shite if they did.

Fact is we turned in a poor performance (at least for the final

hour) and created nothing (in the whole match) and got what we deserved.

But Georgia are not as poor a team as their ranking suggests and they are no mugs.

Both Poland and Ireland struggled to win over there - they got the breaks and we were always going to need a slice of luck sometime in the 90 as well. Maybe you create your own luck sometimes, maybe that's what Poland and Ireland did but we certainly didn't.

I said at the start that Georgia would not lose all their home games (ignoring Gibraltar obviously) and unfortunately it was us that took the fall.

Agree with all of this.

Ireland "struggled" in Georgia by winning ffs.

The Squirrel shagger is spot on with what he is saying. Too many wanks in our support happy to accept failure as long as they can get a photo for Facebook with the locals.

Scotland should be beating Georgia. Let's not pretend otherwise. Strachan has to take a lot of the blame for last night.

Ireland "struggled" in Georgia by winning ffs.

The Squirrel shagger is spot on with what he is saying. Too many wanks in our support happy to accept failure as long as they can get a photo for Facebook with the locals.

Scotland should be beating Georgia. Let's not pretend otherwise. Strachan has to take a lot of the blame for last night.

You can win a game in which you struggle you know!

But yes we ought to have beaten them, not because of any god given right but because we're better than they are and it was within our control to turn in a decent performance. A decent performance should've yielded three points but even then there were no guarantees.

Whilst I'm not happy to accept failure in any way shape or form I also acknowledge that sometimes you don't perform at your best and that can lose you games. It's inevitable.

Not so long ago we were continually turning in sub par (and I mean seriously sub par) performances which were entirely unacceptable.

If the lads atone for this over the last three games (performance wise at least) then all will be forgiven. If not then you're bang on and we cannot accept that.

Heads up! Let's get behind the lads for the remaining three games and see if we can't pip the Irish for third.

Edited by DaveyDenoon