Camera Obscura - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Camera Obscura have had to cancel their future gigs as sadly Carey's cancer has returned.

She is fundraising for a cure but as she says it will sadly come too late for her

https://www.justgiving.com/Carey-Lander

And although it's totally nothing to do with the thread she was born in England and voted Yes in the referendum

"The day of the Scottish Independence Referendum result was so bleak. I walked to work through the significance-laden drizzle and people looked sadly at the ground. I took a taxi a few days later and the driver was talking about how depressed and hopeless he felt. It feels terrible to have effectively endorsed the current government and given up the chance of change and optimism".

And although it's totally nothing to do with the thread she was born in England and voted Yes in the referendum

"The day of the Scottish Independence Referendum result was so bleak. I walked to work through the significance-laden drizzle and people looked sadly at the ground. I took a taxi a few days later and the driver was talking about how depressed and hopeless he felt. It feels terrible to have effectively endorsed the current government and given up the chance of change and optimism".

#Better Together

Edited by Gee

The cure is already here. The Gerson Institute has it nailed. Also Canibis oil seems to be pretty powerful. Have a watch or read about the Gerson Institute.

I feel sorry for you mate

Why? Seriously go and read up on the Gerson Institute.

That you believe it

And i have a few years ago

It's hokum in that it is a cure for cancer and if you read up on it a bit more yourself you would see that.

There are a few cancers that are cureable however there are more than 200 types characterized by abnormal cell growth and of the deadliest there is NO cure.

With advances in medicine the survival rate has doubled in the last 40 years and there is some tiny optimism in some studies, for example that of the blind mole rat which is interesting, that somewhere down the line we might find a cure but i doubt it will be in our lifetime.

However those offered by Gerson which involve among other things a change of diet & coffee enemas as a cure for cancer is playing on people's desperation.

There has not been any scientific evidence that it is effective in treating cancer but plenty that it has actually damaged the patient.

That you believe it

And i have a few years ago

It's hokum in that it is a cure for cancer and if you read up on it a bit more yourself you would see that.

There are a few cancers that are cureable however there are more than 200 types characterized by abnormal cell growth and of the deadliest there is NO cure.

With advances in medicine the survival rate has doubled in the last 40 years and there is some tiny optimism in some studies, for example that of the blind mole rat which is interesting, that somewhere down the line we might find a cure but i doubt it will be in our lifetime.

However those offered by Gerson which involve among other things a change of diet & coffee enemas as a cure for cancer is playing on people's desperation.

There has not been any scientific evidence that it is effective in treating cancer but plenty that it has actually damaged the patient.

From what ive seen and read im quite happy to believe it, ive also read lots of thr conflicting stuff too and its obviously not as succesfuls the gerson folk make it out to be but i think there is something there that can work. Cannibis oil treatments could also be effective.

Anyhoo its a shame for the Lass and i hope she can recover.

• 1 month later...

Awful news :(

Love all Camera Obscura's work, Carey Lander was an integral part of the band and very popular with the bands fans.

Poor lass. She had it all too - talent, beauty, and it seems, an absolutely lovely personality. It was a very rare form of cancer she had been fighting. She raised over £50,000 to fund research into it.

Very sad news. I was holding out some faint hope that she might recover again but that was always asking a lot. Going by the way she worded her fund raising page too I think she must have been told there was nothing more that could be done.

Would I be right in thinking she'd had a child a couple of years ago? There'll be a wean growing up not knowing his or her mother if so, and that really is desperately sad.