Rugby No (Can't Think Of A Civil Word To Call Them) - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rugby No (Can't Think Of A Civil Word To Call Them)

Only seen the photo at a glance. But please tell me I didn't see Doddie Weir, Gary Armstrong & Andy Nicol in there?

Obviously the Hastings are there & (arse)sole & Logan but who are all the rest?

Can they really be passionate Scots? No wonder they get pumped most years? What is it 3 or 4 grand slams in 100 years?

Are we going to get a yes team photo?

Will traitors do?

Seems fair! Can't for the life of me see how they could play with full 100% passion & commitment. Could be talking nonsense. I just don't get it. & yes I watched the 1990 slam game in England & thought it was brilliant!

Am ranting at the TV tonight! Ch4 need had the head honcho of the crap ping food shop on talking more crap than his food is!! Clown!!

So, that's this lot joining Jim Leighton, Fat Sally etc.

What next? The curlers?

This is one of the saddest things for me. I mean David Sole FFS:

All I need is for Kenny, Joe and Denis to declare for no and I'll be chucking myself in the Moray Firth :angry:

Denis Law declared for UKOK along with Willie Miller, Jim Leighton, Ian Durrant, Fat Sally etc last week.

So, that's this lot joining Jim Leighton, Fat Sally etc.

What next? The curlers?

Denis Law declared for UKOK along with Willie Miller, Jim Leighton, Ian Durrant, Fat Sally etc last week.

Aw FFS. I didn't realise he was amongst that bunch. It just gets worse :cry: Edited by redstevie007

Aside from many of them having gone to private schools, I'd separate the rugby guys' playing days from now. I wouldn't question their commitment to Scotland's rugby team but I'd suggest their 'commitment' to the UK stems from their business interests, which is also tied in tight with their old school networks.

Andy Nichol works with RBS

David Sole is involved in financial services.

Scott Hastings does business speaking and after dinner speeches.

Gavin Hastings (the most obnoxious tw@t I've ever encountered) also worked with RBS.

Guys like Bill Gammell (not in the photo) started Cairn Energy and is personal friends with Blair & Bush.

Most of these guys are either employed or enjoy the patronage of big business, so no real surprise they support No.

These guys are still heros IMO and just because they don't agree with most TAMB views doesn't denegrate what they achieved (especially in 1990).

Whatever the outcome it will be close to 50/50 that will include and divide many of our friends and families and we still need to move together in whichever direction.

I have my views but around half of Scotland has another.

The real shower o kunts are the 3 wise men and Darling.

These guys are still heros IMO and just because they don't agree with most TAMB views doesn't denegrate what they achieved (especially in 1990).

Whatever the outcome it will be close to 50/50 that will include and divide many of our friends and families and we still need to move together in whichever direction.

Totally agree with this.

Don't deny the pride and pleasure of 1990 & occasional Calcutta cup & were we not the last 5 nations champs? But heroes? No not for me.

What they have done is beyond reprehensible in my opinion.

I'm not a radical or a firebrand but it will take me some time to be civil to nos if it's a no. I'm not suggesting violence at all just contempt and disgust on my part.

Thankfully, my dad, who's an ex international is here in Norway on holiday. Pretty sure he would have been asked to make an appearance, if he was at home, as he appeals to a certain age group (older). He's a no voter. I've convinced my mum to do the decent thing though!!!!

What's worrying though is all there friends are no voters, people in there 70's in Edinburgh and reasonably well off. They are the people that are going to feck it up!!!!

Don't deny the pride and pleasure of 1990 & occasional Calcutta cup & were we not the last 5 nations champs? But heroes? No not for me.

What they have done is beyond reprehensible in my opinion.

I'm not a radical or a firebrand but it will take me some time to be civil to nos if it's a no. I'm not suggesting violence at all just contempt and disgust on my part.

They were heroes then and haven't really done anything wrong now apart from make their opinions public (which maybe is wrong/right because they're famous) and they represent half the population of Scotland.

If half the same team/squad came out for Yes they wouldn't get slagged on the TAMB.

Whatever the result we'll have to be friends, family, work colleagues in 6 days and not point fingers at individual members of our country.

My only finger pointing is at some of the politicians and biased media.

They were heroes then and haven't really done anything wrong now apart from make their opinions public (which maybe is wrong/right because they're famous) and they represent half the population of Scotland.

If half the same team/squad came out for Yes they wouldn't get slagged on the TAMB.

Whatever the result we'll have to be friends, family, work colleagues in 6 days and not point fingers at individual members of our country.

My only finger pointing is at some of the politicians and biased media.

the Scotland national rugby side - including many of those mentioned , played with much more heart and fight at a time our footballing side was a joke of epic proportions

doddie weir was a farmer from my recollection when he played and the game was in it's more amateur stages

- am not a huge rugby fan at all - only ever been to one game at murrayfield

-but to have a go at these guys for going public with their views is a bit rich

time to unleash the brown shirts....