Any Pc Gamers On Here - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Any Pc Gamers On Here

Just wondering if there are many PC gamers on here if so what games are you playing just now.

For me I'm getting right into 7 days to die. That is when I can get on ( the joys of being a new dad) but still like to have a bash as civ 5 or x-com now and then

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gamers there is no need to add PC, consoles are for folk that can only handle so many buttons.

I play world of warcraft, i used to play civilisation a lot as well, it's a great game. I also play hearthstone this card game from blizzard.

I was thinking of getting 7 days to die as heard a lot of good things about it.

I might try and get another open ended game like elder scrolls or something to play about on.

I just play the raids on world of warcraft, not into collecting mounts or pets or exploring. and battling other players in pvp.

Play World of Tanks and War Thunder

Both free

Graphics, particularly in War Thunder, are most excellent.

The best flying simulator ever - although hard once you progress and come across the ace's

Was looking just the other day at getting back to my PC gaming roots and was wondering get whether or not to get desktop or laptop.

Don't know how much time I would have though as got a 1 year old!

Any idea of price for a half decent machine that can play most games comfortaby?

I also play hearthstone this card game from blizzard.

I played Hearthstone pretty much from the Beta until a few months ago. Every day I got roped into those dialy challenges, I pretty much knew every card / deck and had a decent collection too.

Then I just missed out on a few days before the recent expansion was released - and never went back to it. It's crazy something's went from pretty much a daily routine to me not even thinking about it in the slightest unless I see it mentioned somewhere.

Anyway, feck hunters.

Edited by harrystarfish

I played Hearthstone pretty much from the Beta until a few months ago. Every day I got roped into those dialy challenges, I pretty much knew every card / deck and had a decent collection too.

Then I just missed out on a few days before the recent expansion was released - and never went back to it. It's crazy something's went from pretty much a daily routine to me not even thinking about it in the slightest unless I see it mentioned somewhere.

Anyway, feck hunters.

I only play a few games every now and again, keep bumping into decks with crazy murloc combos etc. you're at 4 health by turn 5

Gamers there is no need to add PC, consoles are for folk that can only handle so many buttons.

I play world of warcraft, i used to play civilisation a lot as well, it's a great game. I also play hearthstone this card game from blizzard.

I was thinking of getting 7 days to die as heard a lot of good things about it.

I might try and get another open ended game like elder scrolls or something to play about on.

I just play the raids on world of warcraft, not into collecting mounts or pets or exploring. and battling other players in pvp.

Ye one of my mates keeps trying to get me to play wow. 7 days is great proper scary at times but we'll worth the money as long as you remember its still in early release stage(sorta like between an alpha and beta) so there are still bugs and new stuff being introduced

Play World of Tanks and War Thunder

Both free

Graphics, particularly in War Thunder, are most excellent.

The best flying simulator ever - although hard once you progress and come across the ace's

Ye war thunder is good not played it for a while but might jump in for a mother wee bash soon

Was looking just the other day at getting back to my PC gaming roots and was wondering get whether or not to get desktop or laptop.

Don't know how much time I would have though as got a 1 year old!

Any idea of price for a half decent machine that can play most games comfortaby?

Def go desktop your best bet is get a copy of custom PC and roughly use there buying guide it will give a rough idea of how much a set up will cost you

I generally play the Total War games on PC as well as RPGs. Most recently played Pillars of Eternity which (old school graphics aside) is just extraordinary.

I do have an XBONE too but only really play games on that which my friends have. I recently started playing The Elder Scrolls Online and have to say it's pretty damn good. It does have the usual MMO issues which jar the game for me like when you have 20 odd folk all running around killing and collecting the same things. I haven't got to the PvP yet but everyone I play with has said it's incredible so I'm looking forward to delving into that.

I just googled "Good Looking Gamers" to get a riposte to that. It wasn't a fruitful search. I'll just need to get Scunnered to post a selfie instead.

We all know that Scunnered isn't actually good looking, don't we? And that he just constantly claims to be in order to boost his flagging self-confidence?

I generally play the Total War games on PC as well as RPGs. Most recently played Pillars of Eternity which (old school graphics aside) is just extraordinary.

I do have an XBONE too but only really play games on that which my friends have. I recently started playing The Elder Scrolls Online and have to say it's pretty damn good. It does have the usual MMO issues which jar the game for me like when you have 20 odd folk all running around killing and collecting the same things. I haven't got to the PvP yet but everyone I play with has said it's incredible so I'm looking forward to delving into that.

Have you tried guild wars. Was playing guild wars 2 for a while got up to top level and done almost all the story. It's good playing solo but better if you are on with mates. If you fancy something different try 7 days to die. Loving it just now but yet again its better playing with mates where you can all work together.

Pillars of Eternity is great, although I still haven't finished it yet. I see they've announced an expansion as well.

not really played on the pc much lately. Was a huge Cossacks fan, played that for hours and hours. What would be the equivalent in a recently issued game to this? (Cossacks game is not compatible on my current laptop).

Pillars of Eternity is great, although I still haven't finished it yet. I see they've announced an expansion as well.

I haven't finished it either, The Witcher 3 and then Arkham Knight came out which diverted my attention. I'm now playing TESO and I've still got Dying Light to finish too. Thankfully there aren't many good games coming out in the near future.

Have you tried guild wars. Was playing guild wars 2 for a while got up to top level and done almost all the story. It's good playing solo but better if you are on with mates. If you fancy something different try 7 days to die. Loving it just now but yet again its better playing with mates where you can all work together.

I played the original Guild Wars to death but never got into GW2. I find it hard to get into MMOs in general, but especially if the MMO has been around for a few years before I start.

On topic though...

Dark Souls and its sequel are still very much my jam. There's nothing more refreshing than invading someone and ruining their day just as they're approaching that fog gate or on their last humanity.

As far as MMO's go apart from a brief jump back into D3 recently I've not been doing much.

Spending an ungodly amount of time on Binding of Isaac: Rebirth and it's fast becoming one of my favourite games of all time.