The Away Stand/north Stand At The Aviva - Page 2 - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Away Stand/north Stand At The Aviva

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in 135 row D and had a good view of both goals but not a lot else.It is the poorest away end I have ever been in. The stewards at the ground were first class as were the Garda who helped me get my flag up.I went down for some food just before the anthems to find the kiosk only had crisps left. Transport to and from the ground was good.The monly downside was the away end.

Was sitting almost at half way line in the front section opposite the dugouts, great view , easy getting in and out. Didnae go for food and I am surprised at you peever talking about eating.

We were stuck right on the segregation line in the Scotland end in section 141. There was a wee dick of an Irish fan beside us across in their end. Heard not a peep from him until Ireland scored then all of a sudden he was round in our faces giving all sorts of finger pointing, etc. The wee old woman in front of us was lucky she never got lifted. As she grabbed him at the end and flung him down a couple of rows. :-))

Actually was meaning to ask ye folks.....what were yere thoughts on the atmosphere in the stadium for the anthems and the game ?

Crackin atmosphere especially after yous scored . Fill that place with tartan army and then see the noise ;)

Ahhh I wish we had a better hanpden :(

Crackin atmosphere especially after yous scored . Fill that place with tartan army and then see the noise ;)

Ahhh I wish we had a better hanpden :(

Cheers lads. .....reason I asked is cos it's a new stadium and sometimes it can be difficult to transfer an atmosphere into a new stadium or it can take time to create one in it.....so hearing non Irish fans views are always good.

For what it's worth , I was raging when I found out our game was in parkhead....as an intl football fan i wanted to experience hampden park

We were stuck right on the segregation line in the Scotland end in section 141. There was a wee dick of an Irish fan beside us across in their end. Heard not a peep from him until Ireland scored then all of a sudden he was round in our faces giving all sorts of finger pointing, etc. The wee old woman in front of us was lucky she never got lifted. As she grabbed him at the end and flung him down a couple of rows. :-))

Sorry to hear that mate...unfortunately there is always a few gobsh*tes

Sorry to hear that mate...unfortunately there is always a few gobsh*tes

Absolutely. We have piles of them. Such things happen with strong crowds. This wee fanny though didn't even know what was going on on the park. Slap on a green top and thinks he is the greatest fan since sliced bread. The wee old woman shouldn't have risen to it though. But it was funny watching him shite himself. His lip was all trembling before she bounced him down a couple of rows. :-))

Absolutely. We have piles of them. Such things happen with strong crowds. This wee fanny though didn't even know what was going on on the park. Slap on a green top and thinks he is the greatest fan since sliced bread. The wee old woman shouldn't have risen to it though. But it was funny watching him shite himself. His lip was all trembling before she bounced him down a couple of rows. :-))

Oh i know the type ....only there for the big games....bandwagon comes to mind.

No doubt he went quiet when ye equalised. ....I know I did....from ecstacy in the south stand and singing when we were leading to having my head in my hands and in despair when ye equalised.....oh the joys of intl football (;

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

TBH atmosphere at Hampden has been poor for years.

But saying that with a good mix of fans it always helps.

The right result also goes a long way, the boos when Craig Leviene appeared on the screen are thankfully now a distant memory.

But to fully recover the atmosphere at hampden we must qualify. :ok:

Cracking view from 502 but really needs an escalator. That steps killed me. Worst ground I've been to is stadium of dauga riga. Think a uni pitch with a few benches. Worst for viewing wise is parkhead

Twickenham on the top section is something else.

Although no stairs, there is a multi-storey ramp affair that goes on forever.

J

The amount of folk who thought the way to the toilet was up the stairs in that section and along towards the Ireland section was unreal.

Hampden is great when the whole stadium is jumping , I remember v France in 2007? When we won 1-0 I was In the east stand and looking toward the North and west the place looked like it was literally bouncing . Magic stuff