The Away Stand/north Stand At The Aviva - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Away Stand/north Stand At The Aviva

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They ran out of hot food, with only 20 minutes into the game.

Then after queueing up at half time they only partially stocked one of the sales counters.

The poor steward was getting dogs abuse and to be fair to the TA they realised it wasn't his fault and at least he had the balls to hang about and apologise.

Also a very poor stadium for disabled fans. My mum and sister, who is wheelchair bound, were positioned directly behind the goals at ground level with all the media cameras etc in front meaning that she struggled to see. On top of that there was only one disabled toilet which included a trek across the corner of the pitch to get to. They ended up dragging monitors with them as they had to cross over the media cables and what not. Still had an amazing trip but there were a few issues with the stadium especially from that point of view.

Also a very poor stadium for disabled fans. My mum and sister, who is wheelchair bound, were positioned directly behind the goals at ground level with all the media cameras etc in front meaning that she struggled to see. On top of that there was only one disabled toilet which included a trek across the corner of the pitch to get to. They ended up dragging monitors with them as they had to cross over the media cables and what not. Still had an amazing trip but there were a few issues with the stadium especially from that point of view.

With such a modern stadium, you would think they would have better facilities for wheel chairs. Glad to hear you still enjoyed your trip.

I was in block 132 in the front row (row c) near the corner flag, didn't think it was too bad, especially when the Scotland players ran over to the corner to celebrate our goal, they were only about 10 yards away. Same before KO, Neil McCann and Niall Quinn standing about 10 yards away.

Why on earth do folk have to queue for hot food during a game

I'll always regret missing Kenny Miller's goal at Wembley cos i went for an overpriced bit of pizza at halftime!

Sometimes the hunger just takes over and you think you can get away without missing anything important.

I was front row, right by the corner flag. Weird watching a game from pitch level. Bloody firemen standing up pitch side the whole match.

J

At least you managed to put in an impressive singing performance for the cameras, ye media hoor ye :P

Must say the disabled facilities in rest of the stadium are top standard however often did wonder what be like in the away end for a disabled fan.

I was in 135 row D and had a good view of both goals but not a lot else.It is the poorest away end I have ever been in. The stewards at the ground were first class as were the Garda who helped me get my flag up.I went down for some food just before the anthems to find the kiosk only had crisps left. Transport to and from the ground was good.The monly downside was the away end.

Cracking view from 502 but really needs an escalator. That steps killed me. Worst ground I've been to is stadium of dauga riga. Think a uni pitch with a few benches. Worst for viewing wise is parkhead

Aye 502 was a trek but fortunately I didn't make the mistake I made at wembeley running up all the stairs and not the escalator's