Strachan's Most Valuable Player So Far In This Campaign ? - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Strachan's Most Valuable Player So Far In This Campaign ?

Robroysboy

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's started about 5 competitive matches. Let's not get carried away.

He's played 15 games and scored three goals against very good opposition. If we'd had a fit Snodgrass instead of Fletcher, I think we would be cruising in this group,

<p>I look forward to getting Snodgrass back in the team and Maloney on to the bench, </p>

Strachan is very loyal to his players, so can't see him dropping him unless he's injured. In saying that I would love to see a fully fit and on form Snoddy back in the team, but don't think it will be at the expense of our top goal scorer for this campaign for the aforementioned.

Strachan is very loyal to his players, so can't see him dropping him unless he's injured. In saying that I would love to see a fully fit and on form Snoddy back in the team, but don't think it will be at the expense of our top goal scorer for this campaign for the aforementioned.

o5q8ug.jpg

If Hanley and Snodgrass were both fit then who would drop out?

Naismith and Mulgrew if going by the Ireland line up but I thought Mulgrew played well so not sure I'd bring Hanley back in. Assuming Anya started then Snoddy could play behind Fletcher instead of Naismith. Not easy decisions so good to have options when these two come back.

Im not sure has he? Its just mulgrews one of strachans favourites so cant see him being dropped but i think we need hanley in the side when fit so morrison would need to be sacrificed

Trying to think but I'm sure for Ireland at home Morrison was injured. I like Hanley but Mulgrew and Martin looked to have potential as a pairing.

On the topic of Snodgrass, before his injury he was doing really well for Scotland & one of the first names on my teamsheet. Will be difficult for him coming back in once fully fit simply because Strachan has been fairly consistnet in selecting the similar midfields for each game, none of which on current form this campaign deserve to be dropped. Great strength & depth in the squad now and could even argue the case of players not even included in the squads. All very positive :ok:

Most valuable player though? I would have to say Anya. The pace he adds to the team has been vital. The likes of Brown, Martin etc have been oustanding as well.

On the topic of Snodgrass, before his injury he was doing really well for Scotland & one of the first names on my teamsheet. Will be difficult for him coming back in once fully fit simply because Strachan has been fairly consistnet in selecting the similar midfields for each game, none of which on current form this campaign deserve to be dropped. Great strength & depth in the squad now and could even argue the case of players not even included in the squads. All very positive :ok:

Most valuable player though? I would have to say Anya. The pace he adds to the team has been vital. The likes of Brown, Martin etc have been oustanding as well.

Good post Rory. What it does do though is keeps players on their toes. If Snoddy comes on as a sub he knows he has to perform to force Strachan to pick him. The others know that they will have to perform or possibly lose their place. Competition for places can only be good.

PASTA Mick, on 25 Jun 2015 - 6:14 PM, said:

He's not even close :lol:

Yeah, you are mental. I do appreciate Snodgrass has never played for Celtic, so you obviously have to say he's shite, while chugging over your poster of the forever pish Ross Wallace.

Yeah, you are mental. I do appreciate Snodgrass has never played for Celtic, so you obviously have to say he's shite, while chugging over your poster of the forever pish Ross Wallace.

:lol: Forgot about him. Should he not have about 30 caps by now? :lol: