Irish Vrs England - Page 2 - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Irish Vrs England

Guest allyc

On that evidence Ireland are there for the taking.massive game but we have beaten better before.we must get a result against them as we have so many difficult games to come.I think anything less than a victory is points dropped.Saturday can't come quick enough now.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On that evidence Ireland are there for the taking.massive game but we have beaten better before.we must get a result against them as we have so many difficult games to come.I think anything less than a victory is points dropped.Saturday can't come quick enough now.

Did you not watch scotland v qatar ? Have you forgotten you conceded 3 against England and created nothing ? Do irish fans base scotland on that ?....no we don't

.....jesus christ.

I'm not sure where all this over confidence has come from all of a sudden.

Scotland are playing the best we've done for a few years but to say anything less than a victory is points dropped is ridiculous.

Did you see the Ireland v Poland match in March? Ireland pummelled the Poles in the second half and were unlucky not to win.

We will be under pressure for long periods on Saturday. Hopefully we can ride it and score a couple on the counter attack and take the three points but it's not going to be as simple as turning up and winning easily. Although I'd be happy to be proved wrong. ?

On that evidence Ireland are there for the taking.massive game but we have beaten better before.we must get a result against them as we have so many difficult games to come.I think anything less than a victory is points dropped.Saturday can't come quick enough now

Not saying you are but quite a lack of respect for the irish creeping in to TA. When did we become so great to expect to beat RoI in Dublin when many teams have failed? Who seriously judges a team on a friendly? Hate to know what people think of us after fri if that were the case. Players main concern in these games is to not get injured. Yes we have beaten better teams but we have lost to worse as well.

Edited by radian_13

The friendlies mean nothing, GTR. I was happy with the result against Qatar given our appalling record in friendlies in recent years but it was nothing more than given some fringe players a chance to chap Strachan's door. Nothing less. If anything, it gave some game time for the likes of Mulgrew following a long lay-off and the chance to shake off some rustiness ahead of next week. On examining the ROI team for today, it gave a strong hint of O'Neiil's starting eleven for next week as it looked a pretty strong team out there.

All about next week now. I'm confident and hopeful we can get a result over there next week given how we have been performing under Strachan but I am sure the Irish lads will say the same. All told, I am sure it will be a wonderful occasion and the atmosphere will be electric.

Simply can't come quick enough now. Can almost see that first pint in O'Donoghue's!

Did you not watch scotland v qatar ? Have you forgotten you conceded 3 against England and created nothing ? Do irish fans base scotland on that ?....no we don't

.....jesus christ.

We don't all think like that.

Most TA know it will be a tough match on Saturday and it could go either way.

I do fancy a cheeky wee 1-2 victory for Scotland though. ;)

Guest allyc

Ireland are completely beatable and if we are seriously considering being in France next year anything less than a win is points dropped.one of us isn't going to make it and this is the business end of the group.

Edited by allyc

As I say.. There for the taking and if we are seriously considering being in France next year anything less than a win is points dropped.

As long as we don't lose we're still on track.

I fancy us to beat Poland at Hampden and I think we've got a better chance of beating Georgia away from home than we do of beating Ireland.

We'll take something off Germany in Glasgow and beat Gibraltar in Portugal.

Hopefully Germany start pumping everyone in sight (apart from us) and second place is ours.

Easy as that. ?

Sorry lads. ...i want to see scotland do well and im glad to see it

I look forward to welcoming ye to my country next weekend and no matter wat i cant wait to meet ye and have a beer

Im a proud irishman....but also i hope , a reasonable poster. ...so when i see posters just writing my country off...it annoys me...Apologies.

I think we need 4 pts from ROI & Georgia away.

Not bothered how we get them.

I'd go along with that.

Considering where Georgia are in the table and the world rankings I'd say we were far more likely to beat them than the Irish.

I'd love to beat both though. Or is that being greedy?

GTR - Nae need to apologise. This is a huge game for both countries next week. It means so much for both sets of fans. I don't detect the arrogance you get with the 'England Expects' mob. Think we are simply confident that we have a strong chance of getting the result we want given how Strachan has revived our fortunes. Having had to endure the Levein and Burley years I think it is safe to say that we will never, ever go into any game EXPECTING three points.

GTR - Nae need to apologise. This is a huge game for both countries next week. It means so much for both sets of fans. I don't detect the arrogance you get with the 'England Expects' mob. Think we are simply confident that we have a strong chance of getting the result we want given how Strachan has revived our fortunes. Having had to endure the Levein and Burley years I think it is safe to say that we will never, ever go into any game EXPECTING three points.

What he said.

I look forward to welcoming ye to my country next weekend and no matter wat i cant wait to meet ye and have a beer

Im a proud irishman....but also i hope , a reasonable poster. ...so when i see posters just writing my country off...it annoys me...Apologies.

You are indeed a reasonable poster and a decent punter at that.

You want to win, we want to win. Evenly matched so lets see.

BTW if folk seem to be writing your team off, its not nasty, its just folk wanting their team to win.

Would awe you negative posters gie me peace, not only will we gub ROI (sorry awe you good guys fae Ireland)but we will also gub georgia away,beat poland and gib,draw wae the gerries top the group THEN go on and win the EUROS by humpin the wee team frae dan souf in the final EEEEEEEASY :spin::crazy::headbang::roll::moon::rollsmile:

Would awe you negative posters gie me peace, not only will we gub ROI (sorry awe you good guys fae Ireland)but we will also gub georgia away,beat poland and gib,draw wae the gerries top the group THEN go on and win the EUROS by humpin the wee team frae dan souf in the final EEEEEEEASY :spin::crazy::headbang::roll::moon::rollsmile:

Why are we only drawing with Germany in this deluded fantasy of yours?

Surely we'll pump them as well? ?

I think McCarthy will make a big difference to Ireland which is probably why he was replaced just after half time today

Hopefully he will find a reason to pull out again before Saturday ....

Well said and I agree with your sentiments exactly, any passionate supporter of their respective nations football team should feel the same,

I don't see much between both teams at present which is why I've a feeling that Saturday's match looks likely to be a draw.

Guest allyc

Every knows Saturday will be difficult.and without being deluded or arrogant it really needs to happen.

Edited by allyc