Matt Ritchie Mom - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Matt Ritchie Mom

Guest allyc

Exactly.

I don't rate him at all.

I know it can be a joke that as soon as someone signs for Celtic they get a cap but in the case of Armstrong & GMS both were playing well before the move and continued to do so. Besides both have been capped anyway. Both a lot better than Ritchie.

Other than a decent strike for goal...wtf?

Exactly.

I don't rate him at all.

I know it can be a joke that as soon as someone signs for Celtic they get a cap but in the case of Armstrong & GMS both were playing well before the move and continued to do so. Besides both have been capped anyway. Both a lot better than Ritchie.

I can only presume you were pished on Friday night ! He is quite clearly a great addition to our squad. He is constantly buzzing, looking for the ball and as soon as he makes a pass, he gets into a space to get it back. You can see he is an eager, confident player and those that do not see this, I can only assume, are basing their opinion on his ability on the fact that he was not born and bred in Scotland !!

I can only presume you were pished on Friday night ! He is quite clearly a great addition to our squad. He is constantly buzzing, looking for the ball and as soon as he makes a pass, he gets into a space to get it back. You can see he is an eager, confident player and those that do not see this, I can only assume, are basing their opinion on his ability on the fact that he was not born and bred in Scotland !!

No stone cold sober.

He can't pass and his crossing is poor.

Opinion was the same for the Gibraltar match. Nothing to do with where he was born.

Feel free to make more unfounded accusations though.

No stone cold sober.

Opinion was the same for the Gibraltar match. Nothing to do with where he was born.

Well, I'm only glad that Gordon Strachan sees him differently to you !

No stone cold sober.

I just watched the Gibraltar game again as it was on Sky. He actually hardly missed a pass. He set up a sitter with his right foot for Fletcher who would have scored if he could use his right foot but flicked it with his left and hit the post.

He fizzed a cracking ball across the 6 yard line the Naismith nearly got to, played a great defence splitting ball through for Naismith that the keeper only got out to clear before he got there.

played the pass for Maloney to win the penalty.

He was easily man of the match against Qatar. His movement for the goal alone shows his intelligence, too many players in that position would have kept running down the wing waiting for the pass out wide. He arched his run in behind anticipating something might break for him and took it well.

He is a fantastic addition to our team and will be a great addition to the premiership next season.

Edited by Jagtag

Think he was unlucky to be subbed against Gibraltar, but it was nothing down to his performance, but more tactical.

Strachan had got it wrong that day, and playing 3 at the back in order to get Anya, Naismith, Maloney and Ritchie all playing at the same time, and was taken off to give us the extra player at the back.

He has been nowhere near as poor as Chris Martin has been for us.

Edited by wanderer

Anyone think Ritchie is a good acquisition to the squad now??

Yes. He did naff all wrong in first half and was no worse than Brown, Naismith, Hutton etc. I would say it was a big game too soon for him though and Strachan saw the error at half-time. It was just not the right sort of game for him just like it wasn't for Robertson (too slight to play against a physical team).

Guest allyc

He has also done f all in any of his 4 caps.all you can say about him is that he is on the pitch.offers absolutely nothing.I wanted him to be decent but he just isn't.

Edited by allyc

Yes. He did naff all wrong in first half and was no worse than Brown, Naismith, Hutton etc. I would say it was a big game too soon for him though and Strachan saw the error at half-time. It was just not the right sort of game for him just like it wasn't for Robertson (too slight to play against a physical team).

That doesn't make much sense.

If he did nothing wrong how could Strachan see the error of his ways?

His passing was poor and he was caught in possession more than once.

Was definitely a game for the experienced 'auld heids'.

I would agree there. It was a big game way too soon for him BUT he was not subbed for being crap he was subbed because the obvious substitution was to bring Anya on. This was more about what Anya brings to the side rather than how Ritchie was playing.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

Post match Strachan admitted he got the selection wrong and I would assume he meant leaving Anya out which he rectified at half-time. Anya offers the pace and ability to take players on and Ritchie is a different type of player all together - that was the reason for the substitution. The slack passing was a team-wide thing and think he intimated that so had no bearings in Ritchie's substitution.

He singled out the need to address slack passing, and he took off Ritchie at half-time. You are free to believe the two were unconnected. I do entirely agree that Anya and Ritchie are different types of players, Anya is a very good one for Scotland.