Songs For The Homesick - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Songs For The Homesick

There ye are

Cracker but I prefer the belhaven best one. Quite an emotional advert, would be better if dougie was singing it though...

That ad is superb. Reminds me of my pal who lost his faither last year. Always gush up when I see it. Thanks for linking it.

There ye are

Cracker but I prefer the belhaven best one. Quite an emotional advert, would be better if dougie was singing it though...

thanks!

i'd never seen that belhaven one ; that is a belter

the tennents one looks very dated now ; am sure though it was in back of my mind, when i went thru a similar scenario in 90s

(got my head caught on the tube doors on first day to work - black rubber marks etc,,,)

- was a bit weird when having a beer in edinburgh after dons v livingston game that someone mentioned that we were in the bar from the advert - bridge on approach to waverley station

thanks!

i'd never seen that belhaven one ; that is a belter

the tennents one looks very dated now ; am sure though it was in back of my mind, when i went thru a similar scenario in 90s

(got my head caught on the tube doors on first day to work - black rubber marks etc,,,)

- was a bit weird when having a beer in edinburgh after dons v livingston game that someone mentioned that we were in the bar from the advert - bridge on approach to waverley station

It doesn't look too bad, but ken whit you're saying.

Do you think you'll ever end up back home? Dons v Livi reminds right off Skohdal era and Robbie Winters.

Anyhoos, blethers gu leor, I shoud mind my own British business, but hope you are well.

I took it that he was upset at the way the black man was being treated?

Watched it again a few times. Think you're right actually. He seems to be trying to get help with the underground map i think?

When i first saw it i thought he was trying to hand out flyers or preach or something.

I used to listen to the cassette Scottish Battle Ballads by Alastair McDonald-Stirling Brig, The Wallace, Parcel O`Rogues etc That was 80s and even then it was old (came out in 1973). Not sure what locals in France, Spain etc made of it as it had to be belted out at full volume. Referendum campaign brought back a lot of the memories.

It doesn't look too bad, but ken whit you're saying.

Do you think you'll ever end up back home? Dons v Livi reminds right off Skohdal era and Robbie Winters.

Anyhoos, blethers gu leor, I shoud mind my own British business, but hope you are well.

few years back in Abz (hence the 0-0 cup gem me at Livi - early 2000s ?)after 5 yrs in London

mind Marvin Andrews playing for them, and Solberg for us.... aye prob Ebbe era

(train at night home was rammed as full of rugger fans from wales game -was a draw too i mind)

moved lock stock & barrel to Canada in 06 ; bairns in school system now - so likely a few more years...

i did say to the wife (Canadian) that we'd move back if we got independence tho - kids both born at home , although now raised here

am happy for them to flit between nationalities when it suits them - dual passports and all that