You're Favourite Irish Character, Here's Mine - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

You're Favourite Irish Character, Here's Mine

Having your teeth pulled without anaesthetic - I've strayed across it when channel surfing and have never managed to watch it for more than a few seconds - painful, painful stuff.

I like it.

But then, I do have a sophisticated sense of humour.

Such vulgarity is one of the reasons I rarely bother with TV these days.

I remember when it was safe for families to watch together; wholesome entertainment provided by the likes of Jimmy Savile, Rolf Harris and Stuart Hall.

Edited by Charlie Endell

Such vulgarity is one of the reasons I rarely bother with TV these days.

I remember when it was safe for families to watch together; wholesome entertainment provided by the likes of Jimmy Savile, Rolf Harris and Stuart Hall.

Pop was the same. All these scantily clad girls like Rihanna and Nicki Minaj is nothing short of disgraceful. I long for the days of healthy, wholesome stars such as Gary Glitter.

"What is your mother's maiden name?" What's her first name?! I just knew her as "Ma"! That'll have to do. Ma...possibly deceased.

Bernard-black-books-8377323-480-270.jpg

His telling of the joke sat at the dinner table about the guy in the village that fixed the church(I think) roof was brilliant.

That is brilliant, where was that from?

A sitcom from 1999 called "How Do You Want Me?"

My favourite Irish character has got to be big Brendan Gleeson in "The Guard". He was great too in the film "In Bruge".

don-cheadle-brendan-gleeson-the-guard-mo

Runner up is Colm Meaney in "The Van". A good, light hearted watch.