Rangers Vs Hearts - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers Vs Hearts

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just trying to clear something up, did Rangers ever pay in full for Wallace ???

Yes, they had to pay all football debts. Peculiar question.

Great to see the team working hard again. Hearts weren't allowed much time on the ball in dangerous areas of the pitch. Law looked like a different player - played very intelligently. Murdoch is a real bonus for us. Clark and miller worked their socks off. Wallace was a constant threat first half.

Promising stuff but we need to put a run together to try to secure second and take that form into the playoffs.

I feel your pain! ?

We are starting to play a bit better with some actual work off the ball.

If I were you I'd be worried about next season. No top 6 playing like that.

We aren't very good but Hearts aren't much better, although far more consistent.

Hearts deserve the title but there's serious work needed before next season.

Mind you were need major heart surgery. ?

Two forwards for Hearts today were far too similar and the midfield just looked half ersed. Think its clear what's needing done for next season,playoffs will be interesting. Could find myself in the uneasy situation of supporting Hibs!?:shocked:

No wonder the normal people despise your shambles of a club. Let your ingrained sectarianism go.

Haha I knew someone would bite at that. Someone with a sense of humour bypass that is.

Bite? If only more people in your "support" would come out against the vile hatred that you harbour, Glasgow and Scotland would be a better place for everyone.

But it seems you'd rather make jokes about it thereby accepting it.

Only one thing died and unfortunately it wasn't the rampant bigotry.

Bite? If only more people in your "support" would come out against the vile hatred that you harbour, Glasgow and Scotland would be a better place for everyone.

dear god..

Haha, embarrassing stuff, but amusing nonetheless.

Very enjoyable game.

First 45 minutes bode well for the rest of the season. Playing from the back and moving the ball through the midfield is such a refreshing change from the route one of McCoist and McDowell, and far more effective too. Law and Wallace seem to have been reborn over the last three or four weeks - suddenly there's actual pace and the ability to beat a man.

Liked that McCall was happy to stick Robbie Crawford on which shows he's not afraid to use the younger players. Kept the structure well but I think they relied too often on just punting the ball to Hearts and then sitting back, which wasn't quite so comfortable to watch. But McCulloch has to take full responsibility for putting the team in that position.

If, and I think it's obviously still a big if, we go up then I'm optimistic McCall will be able to find a few players to take the current squad forward - assuming we get rid of the likes of McCulloch, Millar and Boyd first.

But nice day out, and a further endorsement for summer football!!

TT

Edited by TartanTeddy

It was good to see McCall put on a few young boys. Should have been doing that in the bottom division.

Thought Moshni was pretty good when he came on and McGregor is always impressive. We should be looking at him in the summer.

Embarrassing losing to that shite.

Think you should be pleased to have kept it to a one goal difference - I had a crick in my neck in the first half from looking in the one direction for 45 minutes :D

TT

It was good to see McCall put on a few young boys. Should have been doing that in the bottom division.

Thought Moshni was pretty good when he came on and McGregor is always impressive. We should be looking at him in the summer.

McCall wasn't there in the bottom division. McCoist would have had them chasing long punts up the park.

You can have them both at the end of the season for a new set of nets and a half bottle of kia ora. In fact for McGregor, well just take the nets!

TT

Think you should be pleased to have kept it to a one goal difference - I had a crick in my neck in the first half from looking in the one direction for 45 minutes :D

TT

I agree, but Up until the 1st goal it had the look of many Rangers games, all the possession and territory, without ever really looking like scoring, in fact the goal came about when hearts had their 2nd attack of the game and Rangers got in behind them. Opened up into a decent game at that point as Hearts came out a bit.

Two forwards for Hearts today were far too similar and the midfield just looked half ersed. Think its clear what's needing done for next season,playoffs will be interesting. Could find myself in the uneasy situation of supporting Hibs!?:shocked:

You'll give yourself an ulcer wie stress like that. ?

Remarkable the difference that McCall has made by doing something so simple as getting professional players organised and prepared to run around a bit and press the opposition. McCoist really must be an incompetent fud. Rangers were well worth the win, and as I said after the Hibs game they'll stroll to second place and through the play-offs now. Don't really think we were quite at 100% but that is hardly Rangers problem. The football they play isn't pretty but it will be good enough for the rest of this season.

Edited by Pool Q

Remarkable the difference that McCall has made by doing something so simple as getting professional players organised and prepared to run around a bit and press the opposition. McCoist really must be an incompetent fud. Rangers were well worth the win, and as I said after the Hibs game they'll stroll to second place and through the play-offs now. Don't really think we were quite at 100% but that is hardly Rangers problem. The football they play isn't pretty but it will be good enough for the rest of this season.

I wish I had your confidence in us to get promoted :lol:

McCall wasn't there in the bottom division. McCoist would have had them chasing long punts up the park.

You can have them both at the end of the season for a new set of nets and a half bottle of kia ora. In fact for McGregor, well just take the nets!

TT

Oh shite... you want renumeration. :lol:

Looked a great day for a game of fitba'. Think I might spend a few quid at SportsDirect... the advertising everywhere sold me. ;)

The revelation is set pieces where it looks like we might actually have been practising in training!! Movement and pace also seem to have come from nowhere - again, this might have had something to do with actual training and drills.

Regards the previous incumbent. No one who knows anything about football could contradict your assessment of McCoist. In fact, if anything, I think you might actually be being quite kind to him!!

However, I don't think the playoffs are a formality but I would say Rangers have found form and sound management at just the right time and I think the club can be confident going into them - but it's far from over.

TT

no doubt the rangers deserved to win, what a difference having a manager makes. Makes no difference to us as we are still champions and great to see a referee finally seeing elbows fof what he is, a thug

no doubt the rangers deserved to win, what a difference having a manager makes. Makes no difference to us as we are still champions and great to see a referee finally seeing elbows fof what he is, a thug

Turtleheed ( Lee McCulloch )is by his best, needs to be put out to graze.

Edited by Robroysboy