Referee Tonight - Germany Game. - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Referee Tonight - Germany Game.

tartanlad

I agree with your first sentence. Don't agree with the second at all. To say he had no impact on the game is clearly incorrect. He could have red carded three Germans last night. Howedes in first half, Drum and Muller in second. He gave no advantage to Anya who was clean through, gave nothing to Naismith all night, added no time for the corner at the end and was generally completely and absolutely incompetent. Yes, it is another hard luck story and i hate this feeling sorry for ourselves nonsense, but that doens't mean the ref wasn't sh1t and didn't negatively impact the game for us.

Have to agree with this. Even without the ref if we had defended better then we could well have taken something from the game. However the poor decisions from the ref were not all marginal. Some of them were potential game changers - like the sending off call for the foul on naismith when he was one on one with keeper. if refs fail to get these right then any team has a right to be agrieved.

in a way yes, but at the same time there were two or three other occasions when the ball was kicked away - and by the team not behind - so lack of consistency in booking this particular kick

Muller is a bawbag, and I couldn't believe the ref didn't let us take the corner at the end - we were only just into the three minutes of allotted time and the boy Mulgrew fouled was out of action for that length of time alone.

I'm pretty sure the clock was nearly at 95 minutes. However, there were three minutes of injury time allotted, and Reus was down for a good 5 minutes, so we should have had plenty of time for at least one corner. No way the ref would had blown for time if we were 2-1 up and Germany had won a corner.

First referee I've seen to send a player off for time wasting when he's a goal down with two minutes of injury time left to play.

The 2nd yellow was technically correct and sheer idiocy from Mulgrew. Again though, the ref wouldn't have booked a German in similar circumstances.

I'm pretty sure the clock was nearly at 95 minutes. However, there were three minutes of injury time allotted, and Reus was down for a good 5 minutes, so we should have had plenty of time for at least one corner. No way the ref would had blown for time if we were 2-1 up and Germany had won a corner.

The 2nd yellow was technically correct and sheer idiocy from Mulgrew. Again though, the ref wouldn't have booked a German in similar circumstances.

Reus went down right on 90 mins. Play was stopped for almost exactly two minutes, and then they played another two minutes and 20 seconds, including Mulgrew's red card. Any ref not scared of allowing Germany to concede a last second equaliser should have allowed the corner to be taken.

Reus went down right on 90 mins.

As he has been programmed to do. It happened all the time in the World Cup where teams like Germany and Argentina would use up injury time by having a player drop to the ground like he'd been shot at the 89-90 minute mark, and have the rest of the players keep things going by remonstrating with the ref and their opponents about the severity of the challenge.

This ref was actually not bad on that front. There was Reus on the ground and Mulgrew's red, which must have taken up about 3 minutes, but he still gave us another minute and a half. In the World Cup, a lot of the refs were blowing for time about 30 seconds after the player got back to his feet.

The ref bottled it last night. He never gave any dubious decisions against the Germans all night .

He failed to give the first half foul against Naismith in the first half knowing well that he would have to send the defender off. The second one was a red card all day long. Mullers one late on was an out and out professional foul and the injury time episode was totally farcical.

Mullers one late on was an out and out professional foul and the injury time episode was totally farcical.

Seeing the highlights I think a yellow for Muller was right enough.

Agree about the injury time though.

And Mulgrew must be in a select band of players sent off for delaying a game they were losing...

For me the first one on Naismith was a foul & a red card, in fact they were fortunate not to have two sent off.

Charlie Mulgrew's was a joke.

Was drinking with some German fans back at the hotel & the first thing they said as we sat at the bar was "Our best player tonight was the referee. He did not give you any favours. If it was our team I would be angry."

You know the ref was shite but Marshall was wasting time from the 1st minute pretty much. Deserved a draw but can't be upset about the performance, players were brilliant. Play like that every game and we'll qualify no bother. Was a joke not to give a red and blow for full-time when he did though.

For me the first one on Naismith was a foul & a red card, in fact they were fortunate not to have two sent off.

Charlie Mulgrew's was a joke.

Was drinking with some German fans back at the hotel & the first thing they said as we sat at the bar was "Our best player tonight was the referee. He did not give you any favours. If it was our team I would be angry."

Makes me feel even worse!