Hearts To Have 'save The Children' On Next Season's Tops - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hearts To Have 'save The Children' On Next Season's Tops

She certainly seems to be an interesting character.

Sound business sense and a social conscience.

Hope it carries on the way it appears to be going for the Jambos.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but Hearts are getting paid for this, so not really kudos for them. More well done the philanthropic individuals who are paying for it.

If Hearts weren't getting paid then they'd deserve a serious pat on the back.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but Hearts are getting paid for this, so not really kudos for them. More well done the philanthropic individuals who are paying for it.

If Hearts weren't getting paid then they'd deserve a serious pat on the back.

Hearts could have taken all the money and got a shirts sponsor to give them even more money. Instead they asked for half the money to go to save the children and are putting that name on the shirts. How anyone can say anything negative about this I just don't know.

Hearts could have taken all the money and got a shirts sponsor to give them even more money. Instead they asked for half the money to go to save the children and are putting that name on the shirts. How anyone can say anything negative about this I just don't know.

Especially when the whole deal was apparently only made possible due to Ann Budge using her contacts to source the investment.

Did say happy to be corrected but what I'm seeing is 500k to Hearts and 500k to Save the Children.

I've no idea what the going rate for Hearts shirt sponsors is, so maybe it is a good deal for the Charity. Anyone know the figures from the Wonga deal?

Did say happy to be corrected but what I'm seeing is 500k to Hearts and 500k to Save the Children.

I've no idea what the going rate for Hearts shirt sponsors is, so maybe it is a good deal for the Charity. Anyone know the figures from the Wonga deal?

what do you mean 'maybe it is a good deal for the charity???? They are getting at the very least £500K and getting their names on our shirts, in what way is this not a good deal for them???? They are getting money, they are paying nothing

what do you mean 'maybe it is a good deal for the charity???? They are getting at the very least £500K and getting their names on our shirts, in what way is this not a good deal for them???? They are getting money, they are paying nothing

Isn't 1m and the name on the shirts a better deal?

Admittedly I should have been clearer in my post. It is a good deal but the thanks should go to the person donating unless of course it actually should cost more than 500k to sponsor the tops for a season. Then Hearts would be actually giving a donation in kind. If that's the going rate then it's not that great a deal, is it?

Now now. Rules are rules. You can call Celtic fans paedophiles etc as its good banter. Just don't upset those better together bunny rabbits from the dreary North.

Bitter together :rollsmile:

Found an old paper article which says that the last 12 months Wonga deal was worth a 7 figure amount.

Therefore Hearts are effectively giving Save the Children at least a 500k discount on the deal.

Well done the Jambos. Good news around the entire club these days.

Those posting about Rix or Peados need to have a serious look at themselves. None of that is banter, it's just disgusting and you're embarrassing yourselves.

Any chance Ann Budge will want to do a swap deal with Dave King? ?

Found an old paper article which says that the last 12 months Wonga deal was worth a 7 figure amount.

Therefore Hearts are effectively giving Save the Children at least a 500k discount on the deal.

Well done the Jambos. Good news around the entire club these days.

Those posting about Rix or Peados need to have a serious look at themselves. None of that is banter, it's just disgusting and you're embarrassing yourselves.

Any chance Ann Budge will want to do a swap deal with Dave King?

didnt realize "banter" has rules

any chance of listing them

It wasn't really 'caring' as such, it was only an observation.

I have a personal bee in my bonnet about payday lenders/pawn shops etc etc...they're vultures picking over the bones of those in difficult situations. I find them detestable, and whereas we all know that football has no moral scruples at all, I think to give them the publicity of advertising is simply wrong

Could not agree more. Payday lenders are the scourge of the country and should be banned forthwith.

Nothing but legalised loan sharks.

Pawn shops I don't feel quite so strongly about but they certainly make their money out of others' misery although I guess could be viewed as being slightly less of a blatant profiteering rip off.

Isn't 1m and the name on the shirts a better deal?

Admittedly I should have been clearer in my post. It is a good deal but the thanks should go to the person donating unless of course it actually should cost more than 500k to sponsor the tops for a season. Then Hearts would be actually giving a donation in kind. If that's the going rate then it's not that great a deal, is it?

God it's a hard job debating finance with a rangers supporter. Let me say this slowly, Hearts were approached by a group of people wanting to give us money. Hearts suggested half of that money should go to save the children and we would also put them on our shirts so they get £500k that they were not going to get before Hearts intervened and also FREE publicity.if you still can't see this as a good deal for the charity then it is a waste of my time. Your financial acumen definitely matches your club

God it's a hard job debating finance with a rangers supporter. Let me say this slowly, Hearts were approached by a group of people wanting to give us money. Hearts suggested half of that money should go to save the children and we would also put them on our shirts so they get £500k that they were not going to get before Hearts intervened and also FREE publicity.if you still can't see this as a good deal for the charity then it is a waste of my time. Your financial acumen definitely matches your club

See my later post.

Don't confuse individuals with a club. That sort of comment makes you look like a tw@t.

The article I read did not mention that Hearts had linked the charity with the donor. This is obviously a fairly critical bit of info. In the event you'll see I've already updated my opinion.

Have a nice day being all smug that since your club is generous and kind hearted so must you be, by your odd logical twist.

Nowhere in that article does it say it was hearts idea. Philanthropists approached budge and said if we pay you nd stc money, will you have them as shirt sponsor. Unless flake has more info than what the Scotsman says?

See my later post.

Don't confuse individuals with a club. That sort of comment makes you look like a tw@t.

The article I read did not mention that Hearts had linked the charity with the donor. This is obviously a fairly critical bit of info. In the event you'll see I've already updated my opinion.

Have a nice day being all smug that since your club is generous and kind hearted so must you be, by your odd logical twist.

3 times you posted having a dig at Hearts and this sponsorship and 3 times I pulled you up about it. Only one that here and it sure is not me. Don't bother replying as I have better things to do than waste any more time arguing about football morality with a rangers fan, bye

3 times you posted having a dig at Hearts and this sponsorship and 3 times I pulled you up about it. Only one that here and it sure is not me. Don't bother replying as I have better things to do than waste any more time arguing about football morality with a rangers fan, bye

Right, I'll make this really simple so you get it.

I wasn't having a go at Hearts, I just didn't want to put them on the back of they hadn't done anything worthwhile. I've provided the figures that show they have by their actions provided the charity with 500k of advertising. Don't be such a sensitive wee soul.

Again you're equating me to an entire club or support. Very stupid thing to do. I did tell you this before.

Finally any chance you could answer the point the other poster makes that you've said it was Hearts idea to do the sponsorship but the article doesn't say that. It suggests that it was at the donors suggestion. So, are you talking pish or do you have some insider info not in the article?

Or maybe you're just misreading it. You've got history of that apparently.