Rankings - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rankings

nek

Cheeky fcker.

Dundee is heaven compared to Bucharest. It's one of only two cities that I've felt unsafe in, the other was Brussels.

Stayed opposite a gay bar in Brussels and felt safer than I ever did in Dundee!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had one of the best day/nights ever in my TA history in Bucharest on the way back from Moldova. Got in with some locals who showed us around and took us to some places we would never have stumbled upon on our own. Remember going to two clubs, Fire and Juke Box. Both top places and friendly clientele. I'm a wee bit past clubs noo but I'd recommend them to the younger generation.

Although I do remember in Fire some scary big guy collaring me in Fire, telling me how much he adored how nationalistic us scots were and how he absolutely wasn't racist, just anti Semitic!!!!

I didnae hing aboot wi him for long.

Had one of the best day/nights ever in my TA history in Bucharest on the way back from Moldova. Got in with some locals who showed us around and took us to some places we would never have stumbled upon on our own. Remember going to two clubs, Fire and Juke Box. Both top places and friendly clientele. I'm a wee bit past clubs noo but I'd recommend them to the younger generation.

Although I do remember in Fire some scary big guy collaring me in Fire, telling me how much he adored how nationalistic us scots were and how he absolutely wasn't racist, just anti Semitic!!!!

I didnae hing aboot wi him for long.

Always wearing of guys in nighclubs, there was an incident in Kanous where this local boy took a shine to one of our group.

To cut a long story short, the night turned awkward when his advances were not reciprocated.

:-))

Always wearing of guys in nighclubs, there was an incident in Kanous where this local boy took a shine to one of our group.

To cut a long story short, the night turned awkward when his advances were not reciprocated.

Ha ha. I could've been wrong, but I'm pretty sure this big fella was not of that persuasion. If he was and he took a shine to me, he'd have taken a bit of feckin fending off that's for sure!!

Ha ha. I could've been wrong, but I'm pretty sure this big fella was not of that persuasion. If he was and he took a shine to me, he'd have taken a bit of feckin fending off that's for sure!!

Its all fun and games until your drinks spiked and you wake up more than a hangover.

You'll no be laughing then!

Always wanted to visit Romania, but anyone I know who has visited Bucharest (and this is mostly folk who have visited on route to Moldova in 2004..... I went in through the backdoor in Ukraine that time) and ask about it always say the same thing "its exactly how you would imagine it to be".... (ie over crowded, polluted, unclean, a constant "unsafe"feel to it etc......) yet I think they have done a lot to clean up their imagine over the last few years

Edited by wanderer

Interesting that Fifa think we'll come second in our group. Fingers crossed. This campaign feels like the games are much further apart than usual. Is it just me, or is it because after a year there is still no clear favorites for 1,2,3rd place.

Interesting that Fifa think we'll come second in our group. Fingers crossed. This campaign feels like the games are much further apart than usual. Is it just me, or is it because after a year there is still no clear favorites for 1,2,3rd place.

Would it not have been even worse under the old system?

We would have played Gib and Ireland away in a double header in March, then have no competitive game until September. Now we had one game in March, and now it's only 9 weeks Saturday until our next game.

J

Would it not have been even worse under the old system?

We would have played Gib and Ireland away in a double header in March, then have no competitive game until September. Now we had one game in March, and now it's only 9 weeks Saturday until our next game.

J

Probably, might just be my work is more boring now.

Wales are guaranteed to get pot 2 at worst and if they beat Belgium at home in June they have a good chance of making pot 1.

If we beat Ireland we will have a v good chance of being pot 2 but will be unlikely if we don't. It will be even less likely if we play a friendly match before it.

Edited by tartanpar