Gms Video - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Gms Video

TheReid

I get the feeling GMS is the type of player that will do better in a more dominate side because he'll have more freedom going forward without having to worry about getting back as much. Also, it's harder to keep good players quiet in better teams because there are other good players to worry about.

I'm not a huge fan of his but he can't be worse than Ritchie?!

We could do with another game before the Ireland match to give players that end the season well a chance. The Ireland may his too big to try new players.

Not a huge fan of his but you seem to cream yourself over Forrest. I dont understand you at all.

I get the feeling GMS is the type of player that will do better in a more dominate side because he'll have more freedom going forward without having to worry about getting back as much. Also, it's harder to keep good players quiet in better teams because there are other good players to worry about.

That's true and why he did well when United were doing well. The opposition couldn't put two men on Ciftci, Gauld AND GMS, so they'd result to picking one of them and booting them up in the air.

That's true and why he did well when United were doing well. The opposition couldn't put two men on Ciftci, Gauld AND GMS, so they'd result to picking one of them and booting them up in the air.

He is well suited to Scotland then, now that we have become an attacking team. Most will see Naismith and Anya as the danger men, regardless of who we play, so he'll get the freedom he needs to express himself.

Plus, he is actually very good in counter attacks as well. So even if we are pegged back against the likes of Germany, he will be effective on the break. A bit like Anya, in that regard.

Edited by Tartan blood

Plus, he is actually very good in counter attacks as well. So even if we are pegged back against the likes of Germany, he will be effective on the break. A bit like Anya, in that regard.

Spot on. The number of goals United scored through GMS bursting at pace from his own half was very high.

Agreed. Anya is very limited. Showed against Gibraltar and he doesn't help Robertson

He is limited but he brings something to the team that no one else can. (except GMS who isn't in the squad yet)

I'd happily have both in a starting 11 but if we were desperate to start Naimsith and, say, Snodgrass, then GMS could replace Anya.

We are now getting close to the stage where we have almost too many attacking midfield options. However, I think GMS could turn out to be the elite of this group, given the chance.

There is a possibility strachan doesn't fancy him unfortunately. Don't know the numbers but pretty sure he's had him in 3 or 4 squads and took him on for only 3 mins or something. I'd be hugely surprised if he's involved against Ireland. I'm sure there's a few more McGhee discoveries that can jump ahead of him too.

There is a possibility strachan doesn't fancy him unfortunately. Don't know the numbers but pretty sure he's had him in 3 or 4 squads and took him on for only 3 mins or something. I'd be hugely surprised if he's involved against Ireland. I'm sure there's a few more McGhee discoveries that can jump ahead of him too.

The fact he has been in 3 or 4 squads and given a cap would indicate that he does like him. What I would say is that he doesn't feel like he can trust players that aren't playing at a high enough level.

That's no disrespect to Dundee Utd, i'd have played him if he was still there. But now that he is getting European football I'm sure Strachan will start to use him more frequently.

Plus, it was Scott Brown who encouraged Deila to sign him - Based on how impressive he had been at Scotland training camps. So i'd be very surprised if Strachan missed what so many others can see

The fact he has been in 3 or 4 squads and given a cap would indicate that he does like him. What I would say is that he doesn't feel like he can trust players that aren't playing at a high enough level.

That's no disrespect to Dundee Utd, i'd have played him if he was still there. But now that he is getting European football I'm sure Strachan will start to use him more frequently.

Plus, it was Scott Brown who encouraged Deila to sign him - Based on how impressive he had been at Scotland training camps. So i'd be very surprised if Strachan missed what so many others can see

Hopefully you're right, just always thought it strange he never got a chance in a game. He was called up in a few successive squads and tgen cast aside. The most exciting player we have i think, just really want to see him in the dark blue.

Alternatively, he used to play four times a season against Celtic domestically (and it could've been seven times this season). Now he plays nobody stronger than Aberdeen and got a couple of games against Inter.

Edited by adamntg

Alternatively, he used to play four times a season against Celtic domestically (and it could've been seven times this season). Now he plays nobody stronger than Aberdeen and got a couple of games against Inter.

Wasn't he dropped / rested for the the last game he could have played against Celtic?

If we do get to the Champions League group stage, that's at least 6 potentially tough games to play in. Plus the experience of travelling abroad for matches and playing against different styles of football which similar to international football.

Wasn't he dropped / rested for the the last game he could have played against Celtic?

If we do get to the Champions League group stage, that's at least 6 potentially tough games to play in. Plus the experience of travelling abroad for matches and playing against different styles of football which similar to international football.

And if my uncle had tits etc.

His standard of opposition has dropped for the rest of this season, and he hasn't moved to a higher standard of domestic football for next. Isn't the argument that Celtic use for being shit in Europe that they just don't get enough competition from the diddies?

His standard of opposition has dropped for the rest of this season, and he hasn't moved to a higher standard of domestic football for next.

4-7 games a season against Celtic is nothing compared to getting a minimum of 12 games in Europe. That includes qualifiers. (Celtic played 14 games in Europe this season) Even if it's the Europa league it's still more valuable than only playing in Scotland.

Plus, playing and training with better players with fierce competition for places is extremely beneficial to him.

Again, no disrespect to Dundee Utd, but when you are fighting for a place ahead of the likes of Commons, Forrest etc then you are going to have to up your game.

This video has been recently been uploaded to youtube today featuring GMS skills and goals etc. I literally have no idea why he has not been involved in the squad.

https://youtu.be/iP4atai056M

Wasn't me who made the video, just thought it would be worth the share.

Watched video with interest Yes the boy has skill..

But the key to this is the opposition ? and there defence ? Is that international quality....................Have my doubts sadly