Pyramid Play- Offs In The Balance - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pyramid Play- Offs In The Balance

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

regan and his cronies are erses but at the end of the day the clubs voted and agreed to the reconstruction

17/18 votes Yes however I think most of the Clubs voted more in Fear of Regan setting up a Highland division where the winners embraced promotion into the Lower ranks of League football !!

And those who didn't vote would no longer be affiliated to the SFA I'm led to believe?!

I think the point is that is the door should be opened for ambitious clubs to progress into the league but clubs shouldn't be forced into the league! If a club decided that the limit of its ambition was to win the league it was in then they should be allowed to decline the opportunity of promotion and that should be offered to the second placed side (who can also decline).

If the financial side of things don't stack up if a club was promoted, it would be crazy to risk the future of the club by getting promoted.

I support a non-league club in England, one that is hopefully going to benefit from the pyramid system this afternoon. ☺ The pyramid system has been great in England but I am becoming less sure it is the right way forward for Scotland due to our population spread. Rather than it allowing access to the leagues for club all over Scotland, we could end up with the lower leagues full of teams from the Cenrtral Belt at the expense of teams from the north and south.

What kind of idiot decides to plant such a fixture in the calendar?

The people running (and I use the term very loosely) scottish football really do need to take a long hard look at themselves.

That is just mental.

It was re-scheduled due to weather. Hardly the folk running the game's fault.

17/18 votes Yes however I think most of the Clubs voted more in Fear of Regan setting up a Highland division where the winners embraced promotion into the Lower ranks of League football !!

And those who didn't vote would no longer be affiliated to the SFA I'm led to believe?!

official or paper talk?

QP have just gone ahead at Montrose - didn't realise bottom place would be confirmed if they lose today and Clyde win.

LP is a decent wee ground - there are other clubs I'd rather see fall through the trap door (although imagine Montrose will win the play-off anyway).

• 4 weeks later...

Heard it was one of penalties. Nothing on the BBC about this game, ridiculous.

Aye, 4-2 on pens I believe after the two 1-1 draws and extra time. I searched all over the place trying to find out the result.