U19 - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

henry george

If only we had a luxury player who is an exceptional talent that can float all over the place and score that vital goal we needed.

Now that the main internationals are over, hopefully the defeat will propel this story onto the back pages again. A bit more heat directed at Sbragia would be no bad thing.

More than likely the Record will be reporting on what a Rangers player had for breakfast though. :banghead:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will that be sbragia sacked now that we have failed to qualify?

Certainly hope so. Would be very refreshing to see the SFA employ somebody very much at the early stages of their career, with a progressive attitude to what's important in youth development, rather than an old ne'er-has-been. Would be good for this whole system to be more clearly controlled by Gordon Strachan as well. As much as I support him, I'm sure he's got time enough on his hands... and wasn't control of everything from the grassroots what his whole philosophy was for the manager's role at the time that Walter Smith was given the job?

Certainly hope so. Would be very refreshing to see the SFA employ somebody very much at the early stages of their career, with a progressive attitude to what's important in youth development, rather than an old ne'er-has-been. Would be good for this whole system to be more clearly controlled by Gordon Strachan as well. As much as I support him, I'm sure he's got time enough on his hands... and wasn't control of everything from the grassroots what his whole philosophy was for the manager's role at the time that Walter Smith was given the job?

It was Levein who wanted control of everything.

You may all think he was a bellend as a manager of the first team and I can't really disagree, but he revolutionised the youth setup at Dundee United, brought Cathro to Scotland and saw the Performance Schools rolled out across the country and by the looks of things has done a cracking job with the young players at Hearts.

It was Levein who wanted control of everything.

You may all think he was a bellend as a manager of the first team and I can't really disagree, but he revolutionised the youth setup at Dundee United, brought Cathro to Scotland and saw the Performance Schools rolled out across the country and by the looks of things has done a cracking job with the young players at Hearts.

Levein does have the vision for the big picture. Too stubborn and plain wrong as a coach but doing a great job in his new position.

undefeated in his last 6 games, i doubt it.

only 1 win though suggest they are difficult to beat but lack something up front. With the kids groups results shouldn't really count but Sbragia did pick a win at all costs squad.