No Campaign Failure - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Whoever is in charge of the strategy.

Whole campaign based on fear. Even as polls narrow same strategy continues and appears to be pushing more people to YES.

The lack of any coherent positive vision for the future is costing them big style.

It is obvious that the 3 main Unionist parties can't or won't agree on additional devolved powers leaving them with only being able to make weak non specific comments on additional powers.

Faced with that it is little wonder that voters are shunning them.

Well Gordon Brown is already attacking/blaming the Tories in one of the papers today, so the issue is out there already. Be a shame if a blame game started that damaged their campaign prospects any further, eh ?

Aye, I kinda get that, however personally I'd let THEM crack on and wouldn't be seen as counting chickens.

That was all really.

If we continue to see polls (and the general feeling) moving, they'll be at each other's throats before the vote. Labour blaming the Tories, Tories blaming Labour, Nigel Farage screaming blue murder, all sorts of Tory leadership plots, Miliband curled up in a foetal position somewhere crying, and absolutely everyone signing up to a backbench motion that Darling should be sent to the tower.

The topic title was actually a bit Freudian as I didn't intend it to refer to the referendum outcome as a given, as I said in my first post, "if and when". Didn't mean to imply a foregone conclusion.

Mods - can we change 'failure' in the title, to 'performance' ?

See if we don't win now, everybody will know that it was all your fault for tempting fate. I just hope you can live with the shame if it happens. :lol: