Stuart Mccall Resigns As Scotland Assistant - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Stuart Mccall Resigns As Scotland Assistant

Robroysboy

I was shocked to read that Stuart McCall had resigned from the backroom staff at Scotland.

He was quoted in the press saying how much he loved being involved with Scotland.

I suppose he has enough on his plate at Ibrox, or maybe he was pushed into resigning by his new employers ?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe he has resigned. He will miss these two games and they it will depend on if he gets the Rangers job full time in the summer. Either way no reason why he could not be involved in the Ireland game as Rangers season will be finished by then. If he gets the job then I am sure Strachan will look to appoint someone else.

On a side note, what a midfeild that leeds side had. Strachan ( captain), Gary Speed, Gary McAllister and Eric Cantona.

Eric had strachan in his all time eleven best players he has ever played with. Quite an honour considering he went on to play for their biggest and more successfull rivals.

I don't believe he has resigned. He will miss these two games and they it will depend on if he gets the Rangers job full time in the summer. Either way no reason why he could not be involved in the Ireland game as Rangers season will be finished by then. If he gets the job then I am sure Strachan will look to appoint someone else.

I don't think he can resign. As far as I am aware, only Strachan has a long-term job. All his back room staff are employed on a game-by-game basis.

It certainly used to be this way.

All his back room staff are employed on a game-by-game basis.

That was my understanding aswell, but he can still say I would no longer wish to be considered for this role.

Looks as if that is what has happened, whether its short term absence or forever time will tell.

On a side note, what a midfeild that leeds side had. Strachan ( captain), Gary Speed, Gary McAllister and Eric Cantona.

Eric had strachan in his all time eleven best players he has ever played with. Quite an honour considering he went on to play for their biggest and more successfull rivals.

Cantona was in the team butDavid Batty made up the midfield 4

McCall can jugle the Motherwell job with Scotland but not the Rangers job. Makes you wonder how serious he was about his role with both clubs.

Think he'll be under pressure from Rangers supporters not to return to the national team because of their seethe towards the SFA.

Not too fussed what comes of it either way. As long as GS is still in charge.

Guest allyc

Cantona was used as a super sub by Leeds and was never in their starting line ups often enough.their main set of forwards at that time were Chapman and Wallace.

Is not just the case that he's stepped down for the next 2 matches? He's only on a temporary contract at Rangers so I fully expect to be back with Scotland at the end the domestic season. And the comment about being under pressure from Rangers supporters is ridiculous.