Ireland End Tks - Page 4 - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ireland End Tks

I was talking to a Garda (police) mate last night who is assigned to the POU (Public Order Unit) and they are very concerned about the idea of Scots buying duo tickets for the Scotland and England games and the tickets being passed onto English fans especially after the last time they were in Dublin. They want all English fans behind the goal and no where else and all Garda leave has been cancelled that weekend.

The FAI have been contacted about this situation it seems. Just a heads up...

They will not want any English fans in the hone end for the game in June. After their last visit over here (1995) there will be high level of security around the game. The game has a 1pm kickoff to avoid fans being on the drink hours before kickoff.

Would ask any scots who buy the duo tickets to try sell the English ticket on the Ireland football forum ybig.ie and also there is a number of Facebook groups for irish fans. Would say you be able to sell tickets on these no bother know always people on the Republic of Ireland fans forum (Facebook page) looking for tickets

Edit: should of said be absolutely no bother with Scottish fans being in the home end at the following weekends game

Edited by Donegal-lad

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will not want any English fans in the hone end for the game in June. After their last visit over here (1995) there will be high level of security around the game. The game has a 1pm kickoff to avoid fans being on the drink hours before kickoff.

Would ask any scots who buy the duo tickets to try sell the English ticket on the Ireland football forum ybig.ie and also there is a number of Facebook groups for irish fans. Would say you be able to sell tickets on these no bother know always people on the Republic of Ireland fans forum (Facebook page) looking for tickets

Edit: should of said be absolutely no bother with Scottish fans being in the home end at the following weekends game

cheers for the advice would rather sell my tickets to Irish fans anyway.

uk law legislates that resale of football tickets is illegal and cannot be resold under the criminal justice and public order act 1994, up to a £5000 fine could be imposed on vendor, just be careful lads n lassies

What about Irish law?

J

Follow up from my Garda mate is they will be asking in the event of any trouble with England fans not in their assigned area of the stadium, they would be seeking the information for the seat holder from ticketmaster as to who the seats were originally sold to. The tickets will be for the same seat at both games.

Follow up from my Garda mate is they will be asking in the event of any trouble with England fans not in their assigned area of the stadium, they would be seeking the information for the seat holder from ticketmaster as to who the seats were originally sold to. The tickets will be for the same seat at both games.

If anything like UK this process will take 6months rather than 6days they have between games.

I asked Abbey Travel what block the tickets were in and do they post them, reply below, the bit about the seating sounds promising.

We will contact you when we receive the tickets in our office normally 2 weeks prior to the game.

We try and avoid posting match tickets and reccommend that they are collected from our city centre office.

The blocks have not been assigned yet and we must wait on the FAI to decide if they are going to seat all the Scottish fans together before we will know

Regards

Also bought one for 502 row x.

Anybody know a good place to flog the england ticket?

Try ybig.ie or if you are on Facebook the Republic of Ireland fans forum be a good option. Another site you be able to sell them on would be toutless.ie site were can sell event/sport tickets

On the way home from Hampden tonight I listened to the first half of Ireland v Poland on RTE Internet radio.

The commentator said he reckoned there were approx 12,000 Polish fans in the stadium tonight and as far as I know their official allocation from the FAI was 3200 the same as we've been allocated.

On the way home from Hampden tonight I listened to the first half of Ireland v Poland on RTE Internet radio.

The commentator said he reckoned there were approx 12,000 Polish fans in the stadium tonight and as far as I know their official allocation from the FAI was 3200 the same as we've been allocated.

Aye, they were everywhere in the stadium. Red and white in every section I saw from the tv.

quite an ingenous bunch the poles at getting tickets sure theres many polish folk working in ireland do you think we will have 12.000 in the ground in june ? l would say maybe around the 8k mark